Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

First Problem with the new bowtech

Old 02-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default First Problem with the new bowtech

Well, Ive had it exactly one week and there is a problem, albiet, minor. The top string silencer has broken off about 1/2" of the "fingers". Is this common? Should I just put some Leaches on it? Thanks
Old 02-20-2004, 02:41 PM

Default RE: First Problem with the new bowtech

Thats not a problem

Thats inevitable.

Buy some leaches - and they will fall off too.

Rubber whiskers last the best
Old 02-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Just put 4 String Things on today and they seem to be much tougher than the two aforementioned silencers. I'll let you guys know how they hold up. The factory silencers lasted about 3 weeks. The leeches about 3 days.......what a waste!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:32 PM

That stinks Josh,

Mine are still hangin in there! I have had my Liberty for about a month and a half and have shot it alot, they are still fine!

I have mixed feelings on String Leechs! On my Hoyt MT Sport, I had them on for thousands upon thousands of shots before they flew off! My MightyMite had them on for a few hundred at most and they flew off! I think that is because the Hoyts strings weren't twisted and the MightyMite's were, plus the Hoyt was shooting arrows at 244 f.p.s. while I was getting 301 f.p.s. out of the MM!

I think that when the Hush Kit flys off my Liberty, I am gonna get 4 super string leech's put on my Liberty! I know, it may be over-kill and it might take my speed rating down a bit, but not enough to notice and it should quiet my bow down even though it is already incredibly quiet!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine are flying apart, too. I did notice as they wear, they become less effective. I think the most wear is caused by hitting the cables. I'm going to replace them and move them closer to the middle of the string. It may help, it may not.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeaz guy's you had me goin for awhile when I read the thread I thought there must be a real problem I WAS SO WORRIED . Now I have a problem solved before I have the problem that's really good .

nubo
Old 02-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

My bottom one is finally showing a little abuse. After about 600+/- shots (that's a guess based upon number of 3D shoots etc.) the 2 arms of the bottom squid that face the opposite end of the string have ripped from clipping the string at the shot. One half way the other just about gone, but that's it. The top is fine and I can't tell a difference in noise.
Even if they fly off tomorrow 600 or so shots is pretty darn good for something that pliable on a 30"/70# bow.
My last set of SIMS leeches didn't make it nearly as long as these have.

My advice....if you want them to last, get them away from the string ends. You will lose a bit of speed sliding them into the meat of the string but it will ease the stress on them from contacting your string/cables when shot. Plus it will make your bow a tad quieter the closer you get to centerline.
They are only positioned where they are from the factory to maximize speed potential.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

My first set of squidees on the bowstring of the Liberty started showing signs of wear in that some of the arms started to "open up" instead of being in that spiral position. I tore the first set off to determine how much speed loss they caused (1 fps by the way) and have since put a second set on the bowstring. They have about 15 shots on them so it is going to be awhile before they bite the dust. They definitely do work well as the string has a very noticeable twang when they were not installed.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

I thought all you guy's switched to bow boogers after the show.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

Update.........went to a 2-D shoot tonight and after only about 40 shots a String Thing flew off my Patriot's string. I am shooting 73# with a 388G arrow, but this is ridiculous. I may just have to go back to the good ole cat whiskers after all.

Fritz

Quick Reply: First Problem with the new bowtech

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.