Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Hush Kit on Other Brands of Bows?

Old 02-19-2004, 10:54 AM

Default Bowtech Hush Kit on Other Brands of Bows?

Has anyone ever tried to put a Bowtech Hush kit on any other brand of bow. I would be very interested to see the results, especially with the new and improved "squid" design. I bet there would be tremendous results. Maybe even compare the same type of products from Sims in a head to head battle with the 2003 and 2004 Bowtech Hush Kits. I think this could prove to be a very interesting test for everyone who loves to tinker and put product through their paces.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Hush Kit on Other Brands of Bows?

My string squid have flown off already less than 1 month after purchasing the bow. I've also lost 2 arms from string leeches I recently put on. I need to find a silencer to tame this thing!

Those squid seem very delicate if cable clearance is an issue at higher poundages.

Fritz
Old 02-19-2004, 11:54 AM

I've also lost 2 arms from string leeches I recently put on.
I've heard similar stories about leeches, but I've had mine on for over a year with well over 1000 shots on them, and I haven't had any problems. What do you think causes some leeches to tear so quickly?
Old 02-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

The string vibrates near the cable for a split second allowing the arm of the leech to grab the cable and be ripped off. The squids are especially bad because they can't be oriented to minimize this effect.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:24 PM

The new Hush kit is very quiet, due to the rubber being very soft IMO. My wife has lost one "arm" off one of her string silencers on her Patriot VFT and it is on the cable side. If it dosen't rotate on the string, the other arms may be ok. The cat whiskers have proven to be very durable over the years! I'd like to check out the BowTech "Boogers" for effectiveness. If you think about it, you could practice all year without anything on the string and then just before hunting season you could stick a Booger on each end and have instant quiet for hunting!!
Old 02-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Could, but the slap drives me nutty.