Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A/C/C's ??

Old 02-18-2004, 05:01 AM

Default A/C/C's ??

Does anyone still use A/C/C's for hunting? I used to use them alot but I got away from it for the past few years. I really used to like the flight that I got from them and I like the uni-bushings with the small g-nocks. I am thinking of using them again. I shoot 68bs and a 26 1/2 " arrow on a solo cam bow. The chart says to use the 3-49's but I dont want to shoot a heaveir arrow then my goldtips. Would it be a problem to go with the 3-39's instead even though the chart says 3-49's? I am just wondering because I know that those charts stay on the really safe side sometimes.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A/C/C's ??

The chart says to use the 3-49's but I dont want to shoot a heaveir arrow then my goldtips.
3-49 ACCs are 8.83 gpi. GoldTip 5575's are 8.2 gpi. At your arrow length, you're only talking a measely 17 grains difference! You won't see any difference in pin gaps, trajectory or anything else... except how much better they shoot.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still shoot them. I can't see any reason to change. I'm still shooting some of the same ones I've had for 4 years. They have been through a couple of deer and are still holding up great.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using them exclusively since JeffB turned me on to them 2 years ago. Have never looked back, and will be shooting them until something equally as good and cheaper comes along...
Old 02-18-2004, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I use and love them I would not change and I use the 339's but I only shoot 60# I have tried the 349 but didnt get the flight I wanted but I think the 349"s would be much better for you
Old 02-18-2004, 07:59 AM

Thanks for the imput. I also see that the 3-49's are the smallest you can go without using the halfout inserts. I have some old 49's to try so I guess I'll see how they work.