Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Somebody PLEASE help

Old 02-16-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Somebody PLEASE help

I have the new Outback, and put a drop zone on. I am unable to get this setup paper tuned. Number one the rest didn't come with directions but I am managing. I have the cord through the bus cable, I didn' ttrim it yet because I cant get it tuned. I am nock low with a 1-11/2 inch tear. I can get it tuned by raising my nock point but then I am way above center. I try to adjust the rest, but sometimes when I pull teh bow to full draw the cord will slide up the cable. Any suggestions?? By the way, the rest comes all the way up about two inches befor efull draw.

Outback @ 70 lbs
Dropzone 27" Easton ST Axis 340
Old 02-16-2004, 02:38 PM

Default RE: Somebody PLEASE help

Called trophy ridge, they faxed me new directions. Yes, I was doing it a bit wrong. Will start over tonight. Will update with the results.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Ok, let me try.
First i have to tell you that i am not using a drop-away rest myself.

You said: 'the rest comes all the way up about two inches befor efull draw.'
As far as i know that is good.
It means the rest will stay up the first 2 inches when you release and is well down before your arrow centre and vanes will pass by.

To setup a rest i allways work from two basic positions.
I use a rubberband between the limbbolts to centre the arrow trough the mid of the bow, and i use a wage to place the arrow exact 90 degrees behind the string.
Put the bow in a clamp or workmate and use the wage to set the string up 100% vertical. Than nock the arrow and use the wage to put the arrow 100% horizontal.

Dont put to much attention to papertears.
I have seen a high speed movie about arrow comming from release to full flight and after this i prefer strait flying, clearance and tight groups above papertears.
For strait flying i mean no change in left or right when i increase or decrease distance.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:00 PM

bigdaddy...
Look in the Bowhunting Gear Review Section there is a thread Drop-away for Xtec. I know you have a mathews but still there are some pictures and info post by IL-Cornfed that will help you.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:22 PM

Thanks for all the info. Working on teh bow now.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:13 PM

Wow, after setting it up correctly. First shot was a bullet hole. Unbelievable! Too easy.