Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PSE Not mentioned?

Old 02-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PSE Not mentioned?

Go to the Pse website...theres a forum for pse users...I noticed that different hunting forums promote different bow lines.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:45 PM

PSE 2003 Nitro shooter reporting in. Very fast bow...rated at 315 fps IBO. Quite forgiving with only a 6" brace height (groupings of 1 1/2" at 50 meters). Well balanced and have a nice slim grip. Have abit of hand shock....nothing a good stablizer couldn't fix.

Other top end PSE compounds to consider (although I haven't shot them)...Primos STL, Mach 12, Scorpion and the Venom.

From what I've read.....PSE customer service is A1.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:53 PM

PSE has a companion manufacturer called AR (companion is a loose perception) AR (Archery Reasearch). I think the new bow is called the Scorpion. The new Triton is the same as the Stingray.

I started my adventure with an old Martin Cougar II. It was good to me and I learned some things. However todays "Toy" sized bows started a yearning I couldn't stop and I succombed to the itch for a Techno jump and shopped around. I tried Mathews, Hoyt and Martin. I went with noise as a primary, accuracy second and weight thirdly. By todays standards "size" really doesn't matter as they are mostly all in the 31 - 35 inch ata range. I now own a Stingray (PSE) and I've noticed how quiet it is compared to Mathews, Hoyt and Martin bows. It is as accurate as I can be and is 31 inches ata and weighs 3.1 lbs without the accouterments. The bow is set at 62 lbs and I shoot a 28 inch Vapor CAA 3490 with a 100 grain (going up to 125 grain soon) field point. Speed is 238 fps. Other bows that I have "listened" to are cranked up to 70+ lbs and that alone may be the noise I am hearing However a shooting buddy has the same bow and is cranked up to 72+ lbs and it still is quieter than the others.

As far as quiet is concerned there's no comparison to the recurve or longbow.

I've noticed a down right torsion action when I shoot and am looking for a stabalizer (SP) to help solve that problem any suggestions?
Old 03-01-2004, 02:18 PM

I would definaltely shoot some other bows before I went and bought a PSE. I like AR, but PSE has too much hand shock for me. Just shoot a bunch of bows befor eyou make your decision. Make sure to include bowtech