Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PSE Not mentioned?

Old 02-16-2004, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PSE Not mentioned?

With all these ratchet-jawing BowTech shooters around here, it's hard for anyone else to get a word in edgewise.[8D]

One day, I counted up and there were 13 Bowtech threads on the top page at the same time. Of course, it was all Mathews not that long ago. PSE makes a decent bow, as does Martin (frankly, I've always liked Martin better than PSE) and Pearson and some others. They're all just kinda getting lost in the shuffle.

For compounds tho, I'm still a Hoyt man.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought I reed where pse was making a hybred cam bow now , anyone know if this is true ?
Old 02-16-2004, 10:20 AM

hey bill welcome to the boards i have been shooting pse for over 10 yrs and i just ordered my new pse the scorpion model when i shot this bow at the sports shop i was very impressed with it as others have said being new to the bow thing you should try as many different bows as possible before settling on a brand
Old 02-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like PSE's top of the line models..Mach's, the new Scorpion, Primos STL, etc. Solid bows. PSE has lost quite a bit of popularity 'round my parts, but in other areas of the country they are very popular. Depends on where you are. This is Mathews and Hoyt country for the most part.

My last PSE was a 2002 Enforcer that was a great shooting short AtoA bow. One of the best I've ever had. Very accurate and pleasant to shoot.

Shoot 'em all , pick your bow (and welcome to the boards!)
Old 02-16-2004, 02:47 PM

Bill T
If you are just starting out in archery a PSE is not a bad choice. With the money a person saves on his bow he can afford some top of the line accessories. Also on one of the last what do you shoot? polls I saw PSE owners comprised about 10% of the total which aint bad. Of course no one around here could possibly be biased in their opinions.
Welcome to the forum. it's an interesting if not disturbing place to hang out.

Bilbow
Old 02-17-2004, 11:56 AM

Course you could do like I did over the last few months and run around northern FL looking and trying different bows out till you were on the road more then at home.. which by the way REALLY upsets the wife![&o]
I tried a few of the PSE's and as another newbie.. I think its a great starter bow, look at the Reaper also by Golden Eagle..and the 440 Quad by Pearson, comes with literally everything but a target and bow case for about $350..
You can then upgrade as your interest increases.. or, God forbid,[] you decide it's not for you, you're not out too much.

Just my humble opinion.. yes, HCA shooters have opinions too here..
Old 02-17-2004, 11:59 AM

yes, HCA shooters have opinions too here..

Oh my [:-]
Old 02-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought I reed where pse was making a hybred cam bow now , anyone know if this is true ?
ijimmy,

Yep, from what I understand, it's gonna be called the Ram and a half, a play on their Ram cam. One of our area dealers was absolutely raving over it, but I gotta take that with a grain of salt. He raves over everything he sells!

Almost forgot, too. Welcome to the boards, BillT! Hope you have fun here!
Old 02-17-2004, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: bilbow

Bill T
If you are just starting out in archery a PSE is not a bad choice. With the money a person saves on his bow he can afford some top of the line accessories. Also on one of the last what do you shoot? polls I saw PSE owners comprised about 10% of the total which aint bad. Of course no one around here could possibly be biased in their opinions.
Welcome to the forum. it's an interesting if not disturbing place to hang out.

Bilbow
Bilbow,

Your post might leave the impression that PSE doesn't make top end bows. They do. In fact the most expensive factory made compound I ever saw was a PSE. I can't remember which one, but something like the Mach 11 and it was around $1000 bare bow in camo. In addition, I would bet money that PSE sells more bows than any other manufacturer. Most are low-end mass market bows, but they have a full range and more hunters shooting their bows, then any other.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:36 PM

I shoot a Pse Whitetail Extreme. This was one of the cheaper single cam bows at Bass-pro, but I have no complaints. Very smooth and fast. however, I'm not impressed with their sights or rests, not very sturdy. But the bow itself is great.

Quick Reply: PSE Not mentioned?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.