Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

turbo nock

Old 02-14-2004, 12:27 PM

Default turbo nock

iam going to order some when i here form the owner to see if it will work out of my bowtech mighty mite because with cock vein up i have 1/16-1/8 inch clearence. they do look cool.... any body else use them out of a bowtech???? i will have a review on these in the next two week i hope.. any body else use them
Old 02-14-2004, 03:03 PM

Default RE: turbo nock

I toy with them on and off. I shoot them out of the mighty mite as well with a MZE and they work fine. They do prefer the nock a little high though as they'll corkscrew down if completely level. Never could figure out why, but when I raised the nock they stacked.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:19 PM

Do you need a Dropaway to get clearance?
Old 02-14-2004, 06:21 PM

Yeah. Or Nick really recomends a whisker bisquit. Either will work, but you nee something that doesn't interfere with the hard plastic.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am working on getting some for a full evaluation. They appear to have some great features and for those that don't like to fletch arrows they offer quick easy replacement. Hopefully I will be able to use them in conjuction with some of the drop away rests I plan on testing out.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

I talked to Nick Snook at the sportsman's show in Harrisburg. He informed me that he is working on a new formula of plastic for turbo nocks and the "hunter" version should be available in white in 2 months.
I have used the target version last year after seeing them at the show and found they do work as advertised.Paper tuning is somewhat different in that you need to move your nock point up or down if you get a left or right tear. (Mentioned in an earlier post)
F.O.C. becomes a non issue according to Nick because of the spin stabilization imparted by the turbo nock. I also found this to be true through my own testing, using different weight points ranging from 75gr-125gr on the same arrow.
My only real problem with them is they can pop off if you snag them on something while walking through the woods. Nick said you can overcome this with a small drop of superglue at the edge of where the shaft meets the edge of the nock.
I can tell you they also work great after busting a vane off of the nock. Which you will do once your bow is tuned for them.
All in all they do work as advertised...the hardest thig will be getting used to the funny looks everybody will be giving you when you show up with them on your arrows.
Oh yea, fletching a dozen arrows takes about 2 minutes after you glue in your point inserts.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Hey, this thing is new for me.
Does anyone know something about the weight of these nocks?
Do they work only on drop away rests?

I use Arrow Dynamics for 3D (to my full satisfaction) and i just tried to fit a 3d easton nock in them, but there go's my luck....no fit.

So i like to know about what carbons are use with those nocks....
Let me know...
Old 02-16-2004, 02:31 PM

What about the effects on penetration?
Old 02-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Hi Ray ,
The Hunters weigh about 44gr and the targets weigh about 32gr(?) I am pretty sure but I can go weigh one in a minute. OK...i had a chance to weigh a Dead-x and it does weigh 43gr not sure about the Hunters, besides I am going to wait for the new plastic.
DEADX - Fits uninock bushings for most aluminum and carbon shafts.
HUNTER - New larger vanes to stabilize target, mechanical, and fixed blade broadheads.
HTX - Smaller version of the DEADX that fits G-Nock bushings and stabilizes target, mechanical, and fixed blade broadheads.and Yes you absolutely have to have a fall away rest or "whisker" type rest.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

DC,
No negative effect on penetration. You may infact pick up more K.E. because of more mass and weight.

Quick Reply: turbo nock

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.