Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

APA DROP AWAY

Old 02-13-2004, 10:48 PM

Default APA DROP AWAY

Has anybody have any exp. with this product? Pro's and cons on this? Thinking about getting one for my Pat instead of the MZE. any help would be grateful.

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)[8D]
Old 02-14-2004, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: APA DROP AWAY

We had a few of these on our bows at the ATA Show. They got pounded along with the bows...thousands of arrows. Very quiet. Seem easy to fine tune for "drop" time. Nice adjustments. Solid. Never loosened up or needed tightening.

I came away VERY impressed with their drop-away, and the people from APA (Paul in particular) seemed like really nice folks.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, so what is the name of this rest, manufactured by who, and where can I get a look at one.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been kind of eyeing this one too. It seems to have the best of both worlds with out all of the bulk of some of the other drop aways.

Be fore warned though, they have women in "small" dress promoting their products.

http://apaarchery.com/
Old 02-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Be fore warned though, they have women in "small" dress promoting their products.

http://apaarchery.com/
Apparently she is one of the Investors/Owners.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's called the Ultimate "Twister"........I just finished installing one on my Liberty.
I'll have more later when I can put it through it's paces on my personal bow, but I can give you a few highlights.

Like Jeff said they were on a few of our bows at the ATA show and the rest worked terrific after getting brutalized for those few days.[]
I was impressed enough to get one and try it for my own use.

Full containment is VERY nice feature......I have a tendency to be like a bull in a Chinashop when I reach for my bow as a deer approaches. The arrow can't go anywhere.
Seems very consistent and well built, and tuning is very easy because of some adjustable settings for cord length as well as spring tension and windage.
I'll give eveyone more details as I discover them with it, but so far so good.

I liked it enough to remove my TT Shakey Hunter that was shooting very well for me. As a hunting rest I just could not ignore that full containment feature.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:22 PM

I read it that it twists and it also said you can get one with a spring kit. why would you want a spring when its a drop rest. Or does the spring help it "twist" Faster?

Old 02-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: btpatriot02

Idoes the spring help it "twist" Faster?

exactly!
Old 02-16-2004, 04:26 PM

How is this rest for loading an arrow with a fixed blade BH. Not seeing one in person the opening looks pretty small, or is it meant for shooting mechanicals.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dennis....
I don't think there is a fixed head large enough to cause a problem, but even if it did, you could always load the arrow backwards.
It's not like the Whisker Bisquit where you don't want to be shoving your vanes or feathers thru it.......you can just load it from the front.

Quick Reply: APA DROP AWAY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.