Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Bowtech owners

Old 02-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Bowtech owners

Have any of you that have either 03 or 04 Bowtechs had any issues with cable wear using the factory cable slide? I had a problem on my 02 MM and changed it to a Bomar, haven't had a problem since. I just ordered a new bow and was thinking maybe I'd change it when I go pick it up.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Bowtechowners

Gromage you just ordered the patriot dually didn't you ?I'd wait and check it out first before I go to the trouble of that ,but I guess it would be nice to have new cables and string just in case something was to happen.

nubo
P.S. I know BowTech will take care of you if there is a problem I'll guarantee it . That's a promise

nubo
Old 02-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Yup
You guy's got me, I ordered a 70lber, I was set on getting a 60 but when I went and shot it, well you know. I have an extra Bomar slide I just figured if people were still seeing wear I'd change the slide to prevent it.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

When do you expect to pick it up ?I'm supposed to recieve mine this week sometime BowTech e-mailed me last Thurs to let me know that north Silva's shipment was being shipped last Fri and I should recieve it in 10day's ,they were going to overnight it but I have been way too busy to use it anyway's and I would like to meet with the destributor when it comes in so I just had them ship it there .BowTech is a great company and you'll be very happy with thier product .

nubo
Old 02-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Fork Horn

I order it last Wed. and the dealer said 8-10 days, I love my Mighty Mite and what little contact I've had with the Bowtech folks has been great. Not even a problem with the bow , just had a couple of questions and talked to a tech out there for almost 30 min. great people to deal with.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree they certainly make time for the customer that's for sure ,congrat's on the new bow and I'll bet I'll get my new bow first. hahaha.Let me know when your's comes in .

nubo
Old 02-14-2004, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gary,

The newer slides are much better than the slides they were using in 02. However they still have one on occasion that will have a small burr due to taking it out of the mold (like everyone elses stock slides). I'd use the BT for a bit first and see. I was getting a tiny bit of wear on my Liberty at first, but the burr got worn down after a couple hundred arrows , and no wear at all that I can see now. I'm still using the stock slide.

BTW, what did ya order? another MM?
Old 02-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

No Jeff I ordered a Pat Dually, I'm glad to here the slides are better if I remember correctly quite a few had problems with it in 02.

Nubo,
I'll let you know for sure when I get it, by the way I'm sure you'll be happy with the stealth stabilizer, I've got one on my MM and it is awesome.

I can't wait to get this thing I'm putting a TT Shakey on it, Copper John Deadnuts pro and ???????
Old 02-14-2004, 07:44 AM

Jeff, you need to talk with Bowtech concerning the cable slide, on my new Justice, I had to change my slide after just 20 shots,it started eating on my cable, I have heards others having the same troubles , many have changed to a simms slide.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

I noticed a bit of wear on my 04 Pat with the factory slide. It had a fletch clearing issue as well, but 5" shields will do that to you. I replaced with an Alpine Archery rubber coated teflon slide and haven't noticed any wear since.

Fritz