Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What's the new hot hunting bow this year?

Old 02-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the new hot hunting bow this year?

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

It seems like perfectly good threads always get ruined by trash talkers at some point, kind of like this one...
Some people (you know who you are) are not happy unless they're trying to push buttons and stir up trouble. Some people just never have anything of merit to add, so they get their "attention" by smelling the place up
Not sure if these comments were aimed towards me or not, I'm sure they are. I do not consider myself a trash talker and I do not like to stir up trouble, and I think some of the regulars can vouch for that. I was simply responding to a post about why all you hear about on this board is Bowtech this Bowtech that. AND the number one reason for that is you have people who are affiliated with Bowtech and consistently push, push, push. Everyone can see it, not many have the b**** to say it. I did. The reason everyone got all pissy was b/c of my reference to being on the payroll. I admit, payroll was a bad term to use, how about "party of interest".

Yes, my comments were directed towards you as well as any others that come on any boards to stir the pot in any way they can.

It doesn't take b**** to post like you did on these posts when you said...

That's b/c Hoyt doesn't pay people to come to this board and goo and gah over their bows.

Take a look around man, why do you think a certain bow continously gets promoted so hard on this board, when in fact, they would be hard pressed to make the top 5 in annual bow sales?
or like this...

There are several guys on this board that are on Bowtech's payroll and several that trying as hard as they can to get there
Lack of first hand knowledge seems to more appropriate...

Yes, this board does have a rather large following of BowTech fans, freaks or whatever you want to call them but that in no way means they are on payroll, staff or in any way attached to the company, it plain and simply means this is where a lot of happy and even some unhappy BowTech owners have come to hang out just like Martin folks hang out mostly on AT, PSE on their boards and Hoyt users tend to post reguarly under the Hoyt topic on the Easton boards...

As far as people on this board being directly affiliated with BowTech (all 3 of us with me being the only one on payroll) pushing anything on people, you may want to look at some of the other threads and posts around here to see what really goes on.

Whether it's bows, arrows or whatever, me and the others on the staff generally try to inform people... You know, give out useful information and not spew about how this sucks and that sucks like you see elsewhere...

Regards, Pat
Old 02-17-2004, 09:38 AM

Pat,

Take a deep breath and calm down. It's not that big of a deal. The guy wanted to know why he never sees any other bow manufacturers mentioned on this site and I told him why(or atleast the main reason) If you don't agree with my assessment that's too bad.

AND I HAVE noticed that you and JeffB are VERY helpful to people and do everything to you can to help, my posts were not directed towards either of you, I simply stated my perceptions of this board.

As far as the payroll blurb, I explained that, your talking semantics, my point was to show the reason for being biased. You can call it payroll, free gear, discounts, whatever.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

O.K. Yea I like BowTech and so what ,that my perogative but we're not all close minded as some of you might like to believe .It's too early to tell what the results would be to the hottest bow of the season ,let's wait and try this again late summer when The purchasing of new bow's slows down and everyone has had thier chance to use them . If you don't like the others opinion's then you don't have to post, but this is supposed to be a place for you to post your opinion's without being rundown because of your preference. I not only like BOWTECH but I do like others as well and I feel I can be open minded about this thread is that O.K. by you guy's.

nubo

nubo
Old 02-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

I trust you guys dont get paid but this is a BowTech board anyway you look at it
Don't count your Bowtechs until they are bought.

As far as being a Bowtech board........it seems many Bowtech owners do frequent this forum, and I suppose if any other bow owners of one brand came together here..we could call it that brand of a forum as well.[8D]

Example of another kind........its probably generally accepted that Summit is mentioned most on this board for treestands. I tout Lone Wolf, but only because I use one and believe in it. I am not affiliated in any way or have not been in contact with Lone Wolf........I just like it!
Old 02-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

From PW12:
In fact Merlin made great showings in the recent Iowa Pro-Am with a first place finish in Men's bowhunter freestyle, and more recently won the Wyoming State Championships in Men's Pro Open going away-- breaking the previous state indoor Vega face record in the process. Many more victories will come soon in every format and division...
You can also now add Wisconsin State WFAA Freestyle Champion to that list. Also, other Merlin shooters grabbed Wisconsin Male Bowhunter Freestyle and Female Freestyle Limited titles as well this past weekend. If my Merlin Quest 35 wasn't shooting so damn well, I'd definitely have a new Merlin Max Extreme on order.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like Merlin is picking up some good shooters! Congrats Black Frog!

BTW, I prefer the label of "freak" vs. "fan" [&:]
Old 02-17-2004, 07:10 PM

Went over to Merlins website, I sure hope their bows are faster than their website. I have DSL and still the website was loading incredibly slow. anyone else have this problem.
BD
Old 02-17-2004, 08:19 PM

Cougar Mag....Not saying thats a bad thing....If I have a BT question I'll come here first and if I have a Mathews question weeelll I'll go else where....