Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What's the new hot hunting bow this year?

Old 02-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What's the new hot hunting bow this year?

The Max Extreme would be the best new hunting bow for me.
Too bad, it's not available in a 31" draw length.
It would probably replace my Mach 8 this year.
I know the Merlin quality first hand.
The only bow that competes with Merlin for overall quality is the Bowman.
Yes, I own both brands and am biased.
But the reason I own both is because I only want to own the very best available.
Other bows are very good to excellent but Merlin and Bowman sit at the top right now. JMO

Sag.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:04 AM

DC .....Didn't mean to offend a Hoyt man !! I am being serious......last year (on here and elsewhere).......it was Razortec this......Razortec that......cam.5 this......cam.5 that !!

This year ......I hear the crickets churping !!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:10 AM

No offense taken, just releaving some stress
Old 02-14-2004, 10:24 AM

i shoot bowtech i dont get paid i hunt i have shot hoyt cam and 1/2 dont like it shoot darton dont like it shot two hybrid cam bow makers dont like them see the trend i rather have a true duel cam bow.. the best hybrid cam i have shot is the new nitrous x cam by martin and they just came out with them. i didnt buy bowtech because ''everybody on here shots bowtech" i like the feel of the bow smooth very smooth accurate and fast iam sure merlin make a good bow every bow manafacture make a good bow.. i dont buy a bow because every body shots this brand that brand. i dont shoot 3d, spot or nothing iam after the big boy.. in my opion everybody has to make a good bow or they wouldnt be in the business.. all true hunter and shooters shot what feels best only the guy that goes to the pro shop and brag about this brand is the only brand the one that buys a bow because ''eveybody shot them'' there are alot of people on this forum that shot bowtech and i have yet to here a complaint about them the only one that i here with a complant is the guy that dont even shoot a bowtech that say they will become opsoliet.[:@]
Old 02-14-2004, 10:24 AM

O god, here we go.....

Double Creek,

Do a poll on here and see how many people here are paid to promote BowTech! I'm not! I have seen what they have to offer and have found it to be better than anything else that I could get my hands on.

The funny thing is that I rarely see commercials for BowTech! They have grown from word of mouth and letting their bows speak for themselves!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:29 AM

well done buck magnet
Old 02-14-2004, 10:41 AM

The funny thing is that I rarely see commercials for BowTech! They have grown from word of mouth and letting their bows speak for themselves!
Apparantley you don't get the outdoor channel

Do a poll on here and see how many people here are paid to promote BowTech! I'm not! I have seen what they have to offer and have found it to be better than anything else that I could get my hands on

There are several guys on this board that are on Bowtech's payroll and several that trying as hard as they can to get there

I know they make a great bow, I've owned bowtech, it's a good bow.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:43 AM

and the gloves are off
Old 02-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

All companies make good bows it all depends who's hands the bow is in.

Shoot what is best for you I know I do
Old 02-14-2004, 12:46 PM

I've owned close to 40 bows in the last 31 years,,, I'll admit it, I'm a archery junkie BUT I'm happy with my addiction!! I've looked at Hoyt bows very closely for the last 3 years but have not bought one yet. You can't argue about the quality of their products but they have a few issues with their designs I just can't get around. I look at archery products with a different attitude. The design of any product I'm looking to buy must be very durable, perform as promised and last a long time. I mostly hunt and practice with hunting in mind year round in all types of weather. The design I look for must be simple, without add ons that can fail and render the whole system innoperable on, not only a hunt of a lifetime but a hunt that I've taken valuable time off work or from the family.
If I decide that I'm shopping for a new bow it must be exactly that, a completely new model with improved performance and accuracy if possible (read higher brace heights) I'll never buy a bow that doesn't offer me more that what I had with my previous bow. Now that I'm getting close to 50, I'll probably start buying bows with 60 pounds peak draw weight for hunting soon [&:] I'll still be looking for speed and accuracy when the day comes!!!! I'll also still be looking for bows with fewer parts

Quick Reply: What's the new hot hunting bow this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.