Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Ridge sight '02 vs '01 model

Old 02-12-2002, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Trophy Ridge sight '02 vs '01 model

Currently shoot last years 3 pin model. New model includes vibration dampeners and Nitro glow ability for 10-12 hours of brightened sights. Mine works fine right to the edge of darkness. Anyone have experience with the new model to say its worth the upgrade? Thanks.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:40 AM

Default RE: Trophy Ridge sight '02 vs '01 model

I plan to upgrade my own and buy the mini lite sticks of the net @ 50 for $22 plus shipping. There are a couple of posts covering that from not long ago but good luck with the search function. I can't seem to do a thing with it.
I hunted with the flatliner last season and although it glows like a xmas tree in daylite, right before dark I couldn't see the pins through a large peep. I think it will be awesome with the light source.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Ridge sight '02 vs '01 model

I hunted with the Flatliner Extreme 3-pin last season and then upgraded to a new Matrix 3-pin in December.That gave me several weeks including Christmas vacation(2 weeks) to hunt with this sight.I found that I could see the pins well until dark without the Nitro light unless I was hunting in my DB T5 blind,then I found that the blinds' black backing made me loose at least 15 minutes of shooting time.TRs' promise of "no pin halo" is the advertising way of saying that they hardly glow at all and I wish they would glow just a tiny bit more, also TRs' claim of 10-12hr sticks is not accurate in reality it's more like 4-5 hours and then the sticks fade rapidly, but I still love the sight.The DVD sytem does work as advertised,sucking up most of the vibration in the sight so you'll never have to worry about a vertical or horizontal adjust wing nut vibrating loose.The entire sight is featured in camo this season on a redesigned bracket that is much nicer than the Flatliner.Without a doubt this is the best hunting sight I've ever used.