Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Thoughts on Trap Door?

Old 02-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Thoughts on Trap Door?

I was using a GKF 3D Rover rest for my spot league. It decided to take a crap on me so I went to pick up a new rest today. I Ended up dropping $80 and went home with the trap door. I am not sure how or why I picked this rest in praticular, but I did. I like the fact it doesn't have any linkage to the buss cable or cable slide. I am going to put it on and tune it later on tonight.

It maybe seems a bit noisey when the launcher arm drops. I will have to see when I put it on and shoot it to really check the noise level of it.

What are your thoughts on this rest? Who has had experience with it? Anyone have any problems with it not dropping from inertia?
How about problems of it dropping while handling the bow? Thanks
Old 02-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thoughts on Trap Door?

I used one this past season and had no problems with. After a few shots I had the timing down and there was no fletch contact. I've never had it not drop or anything like that. Although I have heard of that happening to a couple people with the older models. I have it set pretty sensitive and I have be careful to draw smoothely or else it will fall. I'm sure I coud tighten it up a little and still not have contact and not have to worry about it falling when I draw but I'd rather it fall early than late. The guy at the bowshop highly recommended it and they have them all all of their bows. He said if I have any problems with it, to bring it in and he'll try to fix and if he can't he'll replace it.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:24 PM

I use the drop zone. However a buddy has teh trap door an dlikes it. The only problem I have heard about it is a few people have had it fail after a year so so of shooting. Good luck with it.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Same comments here. I have heard complaints about some of the older models. However, I had a trapdoor for about a year and had absolutely no problem with it. No fletching contact and it did not go off unintentionally. I would still have it if a good friend of mine would not have needed it to use on one of his setups at the time. Maybe I should ask for it back...hint...hint....

Old 02-12-2004, 08:54 AM

I have had my trap door for 3 years now and have never had any problems with it at all. As far as being a little noisy on the drop, just place a peice of fleece on your arrow shelf and it takes care of the problem. After having used this rest I wont go to anything else.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:10 AM

Hey if you guys like the trap door keep your eyes out for the ripcord it works like the trapdoor and has total arrow containment. I don't shoot one, but know the guy whoo invented them and he is a good hunter and claims they work as advertised. Should be out soon. He just went to the ATA show
Old 02-12-2004, 02:55 PM

I have Trap doors on my 2001 mathews Conquest II and 2003 Hoyt Protec. The rest works great on both bows. I am picking up a new Ovation tomorow but I am putting the Trouphy Ridge drop zone on it. The owner of the pro shop where I go just bought the Outback, he had to replace the Trap Door with the Trouphy ridge because the Trap Door wasn't falling fast enough and he was experiencing feather contact. He thinks it is because of the lack of recoil on the Outback. I wonder if any other owners of the new low recoil bows are encountering this?

bmott
Old 02-13-2004, 07:00 AM

I've used the Trapdoor on a Legacy, LX and now on the Outback without any problems at all. Only noise was the launcher dropping on the arrow shelf and as lordstanley points out, a little mole skin fixes that problem. Guy at the archery store I visit mentioned the ripcord. Said he saw it at the ATA show and really liked it. Will be interested in looking at it as it does hold your arrow in place without worrying about it falling off the rest.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wonder if any other owners of the new low recoil bows are encountering this?
I had it on a 2003 Pat DC last year...very low recoil...and it still worked very well.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:32 AM

My Trap Door is on a Matthews SQ2 and like I said before absolutely no problems and this is also a very low recoil bow.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Trap Door?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.