Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews rest

Old 02-11-2002, 09:03 PM

Default Mathews rest

I'm in the process of buying a new bow this year and have narrowed down to the Q2XL or the Legacy. Holding out to shoot the Legacy. I need some opinions on the Mathews 1 inch overdraw rest. Any other suggestions are welcome
Old 02-11-2002, 09:20 PM

Default RE: Mathews rest

It is nothing special, just a 3d Rover type deal in an overdraw configuration. I had one for a while. What appealed to me was that I like Golden Key rests (Boddodle, and ZE also) and this one is designed not to shift or look suspicious when shot off the Mathews single hole. Overdraws are less popular than they once where, though they can still be quite useful. You have to decide whether you want to shoot that type of thing, and how it fits into the package.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:43 PM

I have one & I like it. it is real close to the 3d rover by golden key. I do like the guard off to the side. just a little extra insurance when shooting broadheads. I have had no problems at all with mine. when I get my new bow (Q2 or legacy) I am moving it over to the new bow.
Old 02-13-2002, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had one on my MQ32 and liked it. It's easy to adjust and fit the bow like a glove. I also like the shelf feature. I wish they would make a drop away model though.
Old 02-13-2002, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned above,it is very similar to a 3D Rover with a shelf.I said no thanks and spent the $100 on a GK Premier Infinity and couldn't be happier.Several buddies picked up the Mathews rests and now wish they would of gone the same route as I did.Its a damn good rest it just isn't worth a $100