Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The Bride of JeffB's Long Boring Bow Report (w/pics!)

Old 02-10-2004, 05:34 PM

Default RE: The Bride of JeffB's Long Boring Bow Report

Jeff great report, I could say almost word for word the same about my new Justice VFT, it is so easy to shoot and my groups are so much better, I really feel that I will be getting a few Robinhoods this year on the range.
Bowtech has made some great changes and their efforts will be rewarded in more sells.
I thought my EXtreme Solo would hang around forever, and it just might do it, but Bowtech has produced another bow that fits me well and shoots easier for my ole shoulder.

Again Thanks Jeff for a great detailed, not boring report.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:31 PM

Great report Jeff. I certainly hope it isn't the last.

IMO the biggest issue is with the cable slide. I know you can shoot a drop away or helical, etc. but I'd rather have the freedom to shoot whatever I like on my $700 bow. But it seems like an easy fix. The cable slide has to be one of the least expensive parts for them to manufacture.

My only other complaint is that it's taken over three $@&*% weeks so far to get a replacement string.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanx everyone for the compliments. I do appreciate it

Rangeball, Frank is correct in my meaning.

PaHardwoods, Thank You. Actually one of the engineers at Hoyt after reading a couple of my reports suggested I start my own Bow Report print magazine! I think he was a little surprised though at the ATA show this year when I walked up and introduced myself (we had only corresponded via email) as he was checking out the new BowTechs. Totally caught him off guard. I could see the "What the H$%^ are you doing here?" look on his face. Real nice guy though. But I digress.

I do have a couple of things to add.

1) I totally goofed up in editing one portion. I left a paragraph out of the section it was supposed to be in and placed it elsewhere. Anyone wanna take a guess?

2) Parts of this report were written a few weeks ago and I've since changed my set-up and done a little tweaking

I now have the bow oufitted with a NAP 3000, my OLD beat up Hi-Tek FATS powder fill stabilizer (my SorboTek finally gave up the ghost after 7 years), and I'm shooting the 3-49's out of it. It's even more dead in my hand and quieter than before. Feels like shooting a kids bow basically

Thank you all again
Old 02-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jeepnut

Great report Jeff. I certainly hope it isn't the last.

IMO the biggest issue is with the cable slide. I know you can shoot a drop away or helical, etc. but I'd rather have the freedom to shoot whatever I like on my $700 bow. But it seems like an easy fix. The cable slide has to be one of the least expensive parts for them to manufacture.

My only other complaint is that it's taken over three $@&*% weeks so far to get a replacement string.
We were posting at the same time I guess, Jeep. Shoot me an email w/ your details, and I'll see what I can find out about your string.

I haven't had or seen the problem w/ clearance myself in any fletch configuration (type or orientation of the cock fletch), but I could see where some folks would, and that is why I mentioned it in my report. Hopefully that will be addressed for 2005 or sooner.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahh..and I see Matt is having a bit of fun w/ his digital camera! Thanx Homeslice!

Those pics are ones I asked him to take of his bow to show a few things I'm talking about in the report... that is not my particular Liberty.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff great report ,I really enjoyed taking the time to read it.I know that the Patriot Dually will take me some getting used to ,I noticed with the one that I have here right now how short the valley really is compared to my Golden Eagle ,you really have to set into a good solid anchor point so not to creep with such a short valley because this bow really want's to go .I also notice that when you release there's a loud noise when released ,and I'm not sure exactly where it's coming from .I'll have it out again tommorrow just to get shooting and maybe I'll figure out this noise {Sounds like a small calibre rifle going off }Hopefully my new bow will be in this week then maybe I'll be able to have a comparison with the 03 model .

Thank's Jeff talk later.

nubo
Old 02-11-2004, 06:49 AM

Great article, even though, I do shoot a Bowtech. by I like the Vibrablocks and am thinking of putting them on my Mathews LX, because they do not stick to the limbs the Limb Savers!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Bride of JeffB's Long Boring Bow Report (w/pics!)

Although your reports are good, I won't read the ones on bowtech because u work for them your opinions are biased.jmo
Old 02-11-2004, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rochelle, while you're cetainly entitled to your opinion, could you please point at a single instance of bias in Jeff's post?

I'm well aware of his affiliation with Bowtech, and think his post was as un-biased as any I've ever read.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:21 AM

Rochelle, from what I understand, JeffB is on an advisory staff. His report still reads somewhat critical of a few issues which can only lead to better products in the future. Even though, if someone was to go out and buy this particular bow due only to reading JeffB's report, I doubt that they would be dissapointed in their purchase. JeffB's report is very accurate, IMO from my limited shooting with the Liberty

Quick Reply: The Bride of JeffB's Long Boring Bow Report (w/pics!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.