Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hunting bow rest

Old 02-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: hunting bow rest

Oldguy-

Nothing wrong with a Bodoodle! The only thing that really intrigues me is when still hunting (creeping around at mid day) the WB will keep your arrow in the exact spot, without worry of banging anything or falling off. I crawl around alot during that time of day, and have actually shot alot of my bucks with this method. It always bugged me that I had to continually keep an eye on my arrow, which distracted me from what I should be concentrating on---keeping an eye on things ahead of me.

A close friend shot a dandy buck while still hunting this year with the WB, and said he couldn't believe how well it worked. Never had to think about it.

The Bodoodle has never let me down and is a superb rest--I've taken many game animals including turkey. (toughest animal to hit with a bow IMHO this side of grouse or pheasant) But I'm always looking for something better. I think the new 2004 WBQSD will be the ticket to try on my new Merlin Max-Xtreme this year. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 02-12-2004, 04:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

If anyone has any any questions about the accuracy of the Whisker Biskit QS Deluxe, go to this thread

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...threadid=58330

Jim Despart just shot an amazing Vegas round with one the other night. If anyone had any inklings or thoughts of inconsistency with this rest, forget about them-- this rest is as good as any other on the market when it comes to this. Jimmy is so confident with this rest he is now taking it to the Vegas shoot and putting his money where his mouth is. Just more proof that you do NOT "need" a fallaway rest to be accurate.
Yeah, but Kevin, you know somebody is going to come on and comment....... "But was there a broadhead attached to those arrows?"

Actually, I have been kicking around the idea of giving one of the new biscuits a try myself. They sell a ton of them down at the local shop here as well.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:16 AM

Albertakid has it right.

If your are thinking about a Wisker Biscut you should really check out the APA ultimate rest.

All the benefits of a Wisker Biscut without any fletch contact.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

The APA is a solid rest as well. One thing I mentioned to Nibal (CEO of APA) at the show was the fact that IMHO they need to have the tubing completely covering the metal "containment border"---otherwise you can get the same "tinging" as any other rest with them should the arrow flop around inside the border at any time. Nibal said they have fleece material that can wrap around the border and help to eliminate that. Good solid functional rest. I especially liked the sideloader which IMO was much more rugged than the other standard one I also tried. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 02-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jim Despart just shot an amazing Vegas round with one the other night.
[:-][:-][:-]

Nah. That can't be right. He had to be cheating somehow.[8D]

That definitely IS suprizing, to tell the truth.

Really, the only thing I truly disliked about the WB was loading an arrow into them was a pain. The new style with the cutout, now I could go for that. If I ever go back to shooting sights and release, that is. I shot a recurve with a bristle rest in the 70's. Only difference with the WB is the direction the bristles are pointing.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

Art-

Not surprising really---all three fletches go through the biskit at exactly the same time, and this helps to stabilize the arrow. I couldn't believe it when I tried them myself either, but they are the real deal---the new ones have much softer and quieter bristles and are colored brown.

Frank-

They do quite well with broadheads too! Honestly! The big myth that they're 'no good' has been effectively "squashed"----sort of like the huge myth that you need the fastest bow built to effectively take game or win at 3D-- or the even bigger myth that solocams never need tuning or all have level nock travel! Sooner or later everyone will come around on all of these and other issues once better educated--- it's alot like dogs getting into porcupines---some learn after one bite, some it takes a few, and some just never learn.... LOL.[8D] Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 02-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

The Bodoodle Pro-500 has been my favorite hunting rest the past few years but I can see why everyone likes the new Biscuit with the cut-out.
The Biscuit is one ugly son of a gun though. [:'(]
It does not enhance the look of your equipment at all.
It looks terrible on Jimmy D's target bow.
But, for hunting, who cares ?

Sag.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Pro500's are a great rest- I've used them for a couple of years on my hunting rig. I put a Trophy Taker Shakey on my Merlin hunting bow and have started to use for target shooting as well. I've now shot my best scores ever with the TT- you'll be hard-pressed to get me to take that rest off now!
Old 02-12-2004, 11:51 AM

No matter what comes out on the market, people will buy it Call it advertising, design, construction or what ever you want people will always want something different, color, size etc. Most every product on the archery market will do what it's intended to do and there is allways someone that is there to "push" it. Sort out the good with the bad for yourself and make your purchase, then you will know for yourself if the product lives up to other's claims
Old 02-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

They do quite well with broadheads too! Honestly!
Kevin,

Oh, I know they are a great hunting rest. I have set up quite a few of them and never had any real complaints (other than the typical fletching damage issues initially). My comment earlier was in reference to what someone might say in regard to Jim's accomplishment. There will always be naysayers on just about every subject...

Quick Reply: hunting bow rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.