Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

getting a Fread Bear TRX32

Old 02-07-2004, 02:56 PM

Default getting a Fread Bear TRX32

I have been shooting yhe same bow for 10 years, a Bear whitetail Legend and am now ready to get a new and beater bow. I was at a bow shop the other day and was checking out the TRX32 and loved it. The guy said I could have it for 300$ and he would hold it for me for a couple weeks. I plan on picking it up near the end of the week. I already have Trophy Ridge Nitro Xreme sights and a Wisker Biscute reast that I plan on puting on the TRX32. I am wondering if anaybody can give some sugestions on what else should I put on the bow like limb savers and such? Thanks for anay sugestions and some opinions too.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: getting a Fread Bear TRX32

Limb savers and cable dampners go on to every bow i buy. I usually put a teflon cable slide on too. I normally do not put leeches or cat wiskers on my string though. Just a personal prefrence i guess. Have fun and good luck!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a TRX32 last season. Nice little bow. Basically a Fred Bear Epic Extreme with a solid carbon cable guard instead of the Swing arm cable guard that it was originally offered with. They also took the perimeter weight out of the single cam when they made the switch.

Awesome little shooter. I would throw a set of split limbsavers on it as well as a cable guard dampener and some leeches. A short stabilizer...6 inches or under...would be a nice addition as well.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:23 PM

As a fan of keeping things as simple as possible, my suggestion would be to shoot your new bow as it is and see how it goes. If you have noise, shock, vibration, etc, I'd then work on correcting the fault. If all is well, I'd leave it alone. I think most manufacturers are doing a good job of designing their bows to shoot pretty darn well as delivered.

I suggest this because I spent money on stabilizers, vibration reducing items on the limbs, etc., because I thought it was the thing to do. Everyone elso did it right? However, my bow was just as quiet and shock/vibration free before I added this stuff as it is now....but my wallet weighs less.

I hope you enjoy your new Bear. I owned Bear recurves years ago. Even met the man himself once in the Bear Archery Museum when it was in Grayling Michigan.