Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop zone question

Old 02-07-2004, 09:11 AM

Default Drop zone question

I've been shooting the drop zone for about a month now and have absolutely loved it. A few days ago I changed some things around and now it is not working properly. I adjusted the draw length, put on a simms cable slide, new nock and string loop. Center shot is perfect.
Heres the problem: When I draw back, its like the arrow rises up prematurely and just kind of dangles there until the rest arm is drawn all the way up. At full draw I have to kind of wiggle the arrow a little bit to get it in the center of the rest arm. I can't figure out what could have caused this. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Old 02-07-2004, 09:41 AM

Default RE: Drop zone question

Swamp Dawg,Do you have the T-R string attached to your cable slide or served to the cable itself?If it's served to the cable and you adjusted your draw,that may be where your problem is.I had a T-R D-Z,and I had some adjustment problems with it.The way I fixed it,I just replaced it with a MZE,no problems...Bob
Old 02-07-2004, 10:48 AM

real easy you added a string loop - thats where the problem is coming into play. You do not have enough down preasure on the arrow during the draw to keep it on the launcher. A couple of ways to fix it.

1. if you are using super nocks or similar style they tend to do this on some bows with a loop. use a uni bushing & a G nock and you will be ok.

2. this is the cheapest & easiest - you simply need to add more down preasure. To do this serve about 1/8 string below your arrow nock & then put the bottomknot of the loop under that. it adds just about the right amont of down preasure & you will be fine. I do this on all of my bows with fall away rests to add that little bit of down preasure.

3. use a regular string nock & then put the loop under your arrow nock (both knots together). This fixes it as well.

I'll post a picture or sometime tonight when I get a chance, I have to run right now so if that dosn't make sense to you I will post the pictures when I get home. Just let me know!

Good luck!
Old 02-07-2004, 11:00 AM

Hey Orions Bow,Your answer to Swamp Dawg is just one of the reasons I like this sight so much,thanks...Bob
Old 02-07-2004, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the reply guys. Orions Bow, I will look forward to seeing those pics. I think that will really be helpful. By the way, I was using a string loop before with no problems. It was just a little too long, so I put a shorter one on.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:43 PM

I'll post the pictures soon, yes a short loop will do what you are describing!
Easy fix & pictures on the way soon!
Old 02-07-2004, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Orions is right on, I had the same problem when I first went to a loop and that's what fixed it. Trestand you got that right, I never get enough of the expertise available here.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:07 PM

I agree. The pinch factor leads to some crazy flight.

I serve a nock then nock my arrow above it. I've got a knotless loop and attach it below the served nock and above the arrow (obviously). The tendancy for me is to lift up slightly on the loop so nocking the arrow above the served nock gives me all the relief I need.

This combined with a release desinged for loops will give you the purest releases possible and is probably one of the most important attributes leading to tight and consistent groups. You simply have to try it.

Boldt
Old 02-08-2004, 07:53 AM

Orions,
Did you get a chance to get a pic loaded? I think I understand what ya'll are saying, but a visual would help. Hope its not too much trouble. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:09 AM

Swamp - my digital camera is in my laptop bag at work I'll bring it home on Monday & then post. I forgot I had in the bag, sorry.

Quick Reply: Drop zone question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.