Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton's Axis

Old 02-06-2004, 05:06 PM

Default Easton's Axis

I went to order another set of arrows from my pro shop, and the guy said "wait untill I get back from the trade show, they might have something better".

When he came back, he showed me a cut out sample of the new Easton Axis arrow, with the HIT insert.

Is this arrow any better than the Excel"s I shoot right now?.

What's your opinon?
Old 02-06-2004, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Easton's Axis

That is a hard question to answer. Only you would know with your particular set up. However, if you do decide to get the Eastons, check this offer out.

http://www.bowhuntamerica.com//bha/i...7BA3AA10082F12
Old 02-06-2004, 06:50 PM

That magazine has also had a test conducted. The guy claims to have shot them into plywood , 2x4's , slate, and 2" slate........all out of a 75# bow.......and says there was no damage to the shafts !!

I have some on the way .........hopefully they are as tough and consistant as advertised !!
Old 02-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting them for about 3 weeks now and so far, I'm very impressed. They seem to be much more consistant for me than my old Beman ICS's. The insert system is real cool. Broadhead spinning became a much easier task with these.

Its still too early to tell how they will hold up. So far, I've broke a couple nocks and slapped shafts with a lot of them. They've held up well. Like I said they seem very consistant and fly like darts.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:22 PM

The Axis is going to be a great hunting shaft but honestly it's not the shaft to end all shafts. I am thinking of giving them a try & I think they have a very clear market which is the bowhunter looking for a heavier all carbon shaft that yields the lowest friction for more penetration. The insert system is kind of cool but I don't see what all the hype is. I am more exccited by the other features. The shaft is very close to the old Easton Pultruted shafts of the early 90's only real change is the nock & the insert system.

Bowhunt America is a great magazine & Bill Krenz (the guy who did the test) is one of the top authorities on bowhunting, archery, and gear related issues. He has worked for Hoyt, Bear Jennings, and others!

He now owns Inside Archery Magazine (for dealers) & Bow hunt America if he says it is good I would take his word on it! He is also a very nice guy!
Old 02-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can you tell me if this offer apply's to Canada???and what is this magazine like and what kind of stuff do they publish?

nubo
Old 02-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

I'm sure that it applies in Canada also... it's just $400 canadian [>:]

I also heard that they have this new doinker that goes between the arrow and the point.. that way the head flops back and forth. I heard they're only offering these in Canada for some reason... [8D][8D]
Old 02-07-2004, 11:10 AM

I've looked at the Axis,believe me,I'm interested.But,It's going to take alot to change my mind from the the ACC's I'm looking to shoot next year.....Let me know what you all think of these Axis arrows...Bob