Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

string loop moving

Old 02-05-2004, 04:48 PM

Default string loop moving

my string loop is moving up i was wonder if i can serve it so it wont move up or put i nock above it, should that be fine!!!
Old 02-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: string loop moving

Onieda,
If it's tied carefully and correctly it shouldn't move......Check your center serving to make sure that it's not slipping. (Is it a braid or mono center?)

You can tie a nock set above each knot as a fix but that too must be done right and is just a band-aid.
Most likely the bottom knot will be the one tha slips due to direction of force applied at full draw.......a single tied in nock set above the bottom knot (inside the loop itself) Adds 2 benefits.....insurance for the bottom knot slipping, and better centers your release within the loop for a direction of pull in line with the arrow shaft. Leave a small gap between the tied in nock set and the arrow nock itself (Tied in set of about 1/4")

It all starts with a well tied loop first. There's a Loop thread on the Bowhunting forum right now.
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=525913
Old 02-06-2004, 05:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: string loop moving

If it's tied carefully and correctly it shouldn't move......Check your center serving to make sure that it's not slipping. (Is it a braid or mono center?)

You can tie a nock set above each knot as a fix
My thoughts exactly. What I most often find with folks that have string loop slippage is that either the braided center serving material is moving or "opening up" or it is a monofilament material that is difficult to set a loop on in the first place.

I do initially place a tied in nock set above the top knot but then remove it after I know the loop has set in place.

Matt is always right on the money with his suggestions. I think we lead a dual life....