Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shot the new Bowtechs yesterday......an observation.

Old 02-05-2004, 08:41 AM
CG

Default Shot the new Bowtechs yesterday......an observation.

Well I shot the MM VFT, Liberty, Extreme VFT, and the Pat Dually. My observation is how little difference there was in the bows........Trust me that is not a criticism. I loved how they shot. But I could tell very little difference between shooting the Liberty and the MM or Extreme. Cam roll-over was a little smoother with the Liberty and it also had slightly less recoil but the difference had very little affect on shootability. My favorite of them all was the Pat dually....very smooth drawing and SMOKING fast. Pretty quiet for a dually also. The thought of shooting a 525 gr. arrow in the 260-270 fps range is VERY intriguing!

Right now I'm having a serious dilemna......I LOVE my MQ1......but the Extreme VFT and Pat Dually have me drooling (neither was as quiet as my MQ1 but both could come close with some tweaking BUT THEY ARE WAY FASTER!!!!)!! On top of that, the Bowtech support on this sight is very valuable to me and my decision (as it should anyone considering a new bow). PLUS after the BS Mathews has been pulling, I'm not a big fan of theirs..........BUT I LOVE MY MQ1!!!!!! What to do?? What to do????
Old 02-05-2004, 09:08 AM

Default RE: Shot the new Bowtechs yesterday......an observation.

Have the best of both worlds, keep your MQ1 and buy a new Bowtech.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

cg, give in to temptation. Get the Patriot Dually, you won't be sorry. I guarantee it.

hdsanders, we were typing at the same time. Very good idea.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree. Buy the new bow and keep your MQ1. It is always nice to have a backup....plus, if you change your mind somewhere down the road then you can still one and have the other to use.

Interesting observation too. The more I think of it the more I think you are right in commenting on how they all feel the same....surprised you picked the Pat dually though...
Old 02-05-2004, 10:18 AM

I agree !! I gave my MQ-1 to my father ......but wish I'd have just bought him a bow .....and kept my MQ-1 !!

I love getting new stuff .......but would like to have my MQ-1 more accessable !
At least it's not gone !! []
Old 02-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

CBM SC,

I'll be at Scott Dault's archery shop from about 10:00 to 12:00 on Saturday morning if you would like to shoot some Bowtech's. It is off Exit 108 on I-95
Old 02-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still haven't had a chance to shoot the 04 Pat Dually. When I called they didn't have them. Then the weather got so bad it made travel nearly impossible.[:'(] We are getting blasted again today so I couldn't get out if I had to. []

I did shoot the 03 Pat Dually last year and was intrigued by the bow. Unfortunately I didn't get to Chrono it with my 500 grain arrow to compare actual speeds with my 03 Hoyt Ultratec.

A couple of questions come to mind.

CG I know you are an avid (and quite successful I might add [:-]) elk hunter so I can see where the extra speed hence KE would be very appealing. I don't know your draw length or the poundage that you shoot so I was wondering if one actually would fall into that 260-270 fps with a 525 grain arrow with a normal hunting setup i.e. peep, loop and/or nock, and string silencers?

I would be interested in hearing from some Pat Dually owners with actual numbers and the specs of their setups.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Antler Eater,

I dug this up from my review of the Pat DC last year.....

I had the opportunity to fire the bow through the chronograph a few times with my typical 430 grain Beman ICS 340 hunting arrow just to see how fast this puppy really was when using my typical setup of a 70 lb draw weight and with the 30 inch draw length module installed. Over a three day time period I shot the bow approximately 60 times through the chronograph. Average speed figures for the setup listed were between 294-296 fps.
That was with a full setup on the string if I remember correctly....peep sight, brass nockset and rubber eliminator button.

Throw another 100 grains on there and you are talking about speeds in the 274-276 fps range.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Much appreciated PABowhntr. Thank you. [:-]

So if we drop the draw length down an inch would it be fair to say we would be in the 264-266 range?

Any 28-29" draw length Pat Dually shooters out there with actual speed numbers for a 500 grain arrow?
Old 02-05-2004, 12:32 PM

Thanks 500 fps !! Just bought a Mathews but still wouldn't mind shooting the Bowtechs and meeting some new folks........if I can work it out I'll come by !!

Quick Reply: Shot the new Bowtechs yesterday......an observation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.