Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shot the new Bowtechs yesterday......an observation.

Old 02-06-2004, 05:59 AM

Default RE: Shot the new Bowtechs yesterday......an observation.

I know how you feel,but I'm keeping my LX.After stopping in several bowshops in the last couple of weeks,shooting mostly Bowtechs and Hoyts,nothing has come close to smoothness of the LX,IMHO.That being said,I still like the Bowtechs,alot,but I'm at the stage where I can't deal with "harsh" bow.Speed isn't everything,it's nice,but accuracy is what I'm all about.As long as I'm getting 280-287fps with my set-up,thats more than enough.But you know,I'm still going to look real hard at that Bowtech Pro-40 again...Bob
Old 02-06-2004, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once you start shooting a dual cam bow , you'll never look back , even though that mq1 is a great bow [ many say the best mathews has made] , 2 cams are better than 1 . My not so humbel oppinion .
Old 02-06-2004, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

PICKING UP MY NEW LIBERTY TODAY Any suggestion on a new arrow rest? I have not bought one in a while. I really want a goodone for hunting!
Old 02-06-2004, 07:36 AM

RTA- I put a drop zone on my Liberty and love it! It is very quiet and plenty of adjustment.

You guys are killing me!!! My Liberty is only a few months old and ya'll already have me wanting a Pat Dually.

My Obsessive Compulsive Disorder doesn't help things either! LOL
Old 02-06-2004, 04:34 PM

Man you guys are killing me. I've decided to buy a new bow and can't decide between the MM VFT or the Liberty. I may also consider the Outback. I want the speed of the MM but I'm not sure if I want that short of a bow. My Mathews FX is 34" ATA so the MM doesn't seem that much shorter. What to do, what to do?????
Greg.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Xtremetj,

..............Patriot VFT single cam.[8D]

Length and feel of the Liberty, speed of the MM.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I want the speed of the MM but I'm not sure if I want that short of a bow. My Mathews FX is 34" ATA so the MM doesn't seem that much shorter. What to do, what to do?????
Matt brings up a good point about the Patriot SC though the brace is a tad shorter at 7 inches...compared to the 7.75 of the MM. It is still probably your best bet and not that far off the FX in terms of length or brace....though I gotta tell you that I love the MM VFT. It has a stiffer draw than the Liberty and just a tad more thump at the release but not much.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:07 PM

I haven't thought about the Patriot SC just because of the brace height. I know the shorter the brace height the less forgiving. I have only been shooting about a year and a half. I guess I don't trust myself, my form may not be the best. I've always been told to stay with the longer brace heights. How do I know if its fucntional for me? I've Robinhooded 3 times in that time and shoot very tight groupings with the FX. I acutally tear more arrows up than not but I still don't know if I'm ready for that short of a brace height. How much difference would that 3/4" make between the two bows? Thanks for helping here guys. I feel like such a newbie.
Greg.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:15 PM

xtremetj,

The longer brace height on the MightyMite probablly won't make much of a differance, but the longer a.t.a. length of the Pat will definetly make a differance. If you don't trust yourself with a 7" brace height bow, then you shouldn't be entirely comfortable shooting such a short a.t.a. speed demon like the MM!!! The MightyMite, even though it has VFT, will be easier to kant to a side. The Pat will actually probablly be the more forgiving bow for you. Like I said, that extra 3/4" of brace height wont matter much, but the extra 2-1/2" of a.t.a length on the Pat will make a big differance!
Old 02-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

RTA47, I've got a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter on my Liberty. I put a NAP 4000 on a Justice I was allowed to shoot some. Both rests work fine. The NAP gives you a little more leeway in getting center shot set. But there is enough adjustment on the TT as well.

Quick Reply: Shot the new Bowtechs yesterday......an observation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.