Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shot the new Bowtechs yesterday......an observation.

Old 02-05-2004, 05:30 PM
CG

Default RE: Shot the new Bowtechs yesterday......an observation.

Antler Eater,
Thanks for the compliment....although I attribute a lot of my elk hunting success to one thing........LUCK!!

So if we drop the draw length down an inch would it be fair to say we would be in the 264-266 range?
The Pat. dually could do it I think......We shot a 2317 weighing 555 gr. (I didn't weigh it but that is what they told me) @ 263 w/ a 30" draw. So I'm thinking if you subtract an 1" of draw length and subtract about 30-40 gr. of arrow weight, it should get you (me) in about the same fps range. I'm actually a 29 1/2" DL so I sure I could get 270 FPS out of it. Remember that is all with a 7 3/4" brace height!!!!
Old 02-05-2004, 05:32 PM
CG

BTW-that was at 71.5 lbs.......according to the birth certificate.....
Old 02-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

CG,
Just another number for you.....
my 2003 Patriot Dually at 30"/71# shot a 475gr arrow at 289fps
My brace measured out at 7 7/8" and that was with a loop and Tru-peep.

Another number for you........at the ATA show I was shooting a 2004 model 30"/70# Patriot Dually with a 350gr arrow it was doing 332fps. That was with Eliminator buttons (3), brass nock set and Hush Kit silencers! Everything weighed and measured.

There simply is no other bow in the world that can combine that raw power with that brace height and forgiving design.
Obviously all that power is not necessary to shoot thru a whitetail, but for the guy who wants to shoot large diameter mechs at them, or someone hunting large game where penetration is never enough?[8D]
Old 02-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

CG you know what they tell us luck is...Preparation meeting opportunity!!

I have thought of you for the last two years as I am driving through your hunting grounds in route to a spot that I go to in Colorado where I have drew a blank for the last couple of years. Call it what you want but I would rather be lucky than good any day.

The Pat Dually has to be appealing to any guy that hunts elk with a bow that can realistically live with its stout draw force curve. Generous brace, maneuverability, and accuracy wrapped up in a package that delivers KE to spare. It is hard not to like that.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:30 PM

Bowtech makes a great bow & you won't go wrong with it. I would go middle ground & get a bowtech & keep the MQ1
Old 02-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man, how many guys said it? That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing... getting a Bowtech and keeping the MQ-1. I just can't see myself letting go of that sweetheart of a bow...
Old 02-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nobody told you to get rid of your MQ1 they just said get her some company.

nubo
Old 02-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Greg,
I don't think that I would get rid of that bow either if I were you . Too many good times, and you trust it..........it's a "Classic" (no pun intended)

Now about that new Patriot Single cam?
Old 02-06-2004, 12:07 AM

When I fist got my '03 Patriot Dually, the first arrow I shot through the chrono was one of my hunting arrows. The 2315 X78 weighed 523.4 grains and with the bow set on 71 pounds and with a 29 inch draw it did 269 fps.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I could never imagine getting rid of my mathews z-light. WAAAY too many memories nto put a price on.

If your like me, you'll keep her. Never know when you may need a back-up.

Good luck with your decission.

Quick Reply: Shot the new Bowtechs yesterday......an observation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.