Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pic of my 2004 BowTech Patriot Dually

Old 02-03-2004, 09:25 AM

Default RE: Pic of my 2004 BowTech Patriot Dually

KBacon, I am in no way against Bowtech, I think they have a good product. I owned a Bowtech before most guys on this board did, so don't assume I am bashing just b/c I have a negative comment. I was simply stating my opinion. And yes, from Bowtech shooters post, it does appear that Bowtech is stepping up to the plate, but at this point the distributor is pointing at the factory and the factory at the distributor. Either way, Bowtech needs to correct these problems, either QC at the factor, or better screening for distributors.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

OK.. well I apologize for saying you were anti bowtech.. that's just the way it was sounding.

I totally agree w/ the rest of your post.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:33 AM

No problems Kbacon, I meant my posts as constructive critisism, not a bash, sorry if it came across that way.

I consider myself to have no allegiance to any manufacturer, so I tend to point out problems with all of them.

In the last 3 years I've owned an PSE, Jennings, Bowtech, Mathews, and Hoyt How screwed up am I?
Old 02-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's this is one thing that I never mentioned before .I was at the shop when Gary opened that box ,I was standing right in front of him this is not his problem. He set it up and noticed the gap and I noticed the limbs looked a little shorter than the 03 model but again I thought that this just might be one of the many updates on this bow . I am trying to be patient here and I wish not to blame anyone, this could just be a screwup From I don't know where . But I have been told this will be exchanged this week and I TRUST that it will.

nubo
Old 02-03-2004, 03:33 PM

Nubo says that he was there when the box was opened and the bow was pulled out and he and the dealer were both surprised. Bowtechshooter says that the 2003 cams were put away before any of the 2004 were brought out for new bow assembly and that if this had happened at Bowtech quality control would have caught it. That leaves only the distributor who's only comment is that Nubo should never have received this bow....DUH!!!! Sounds like the distributor screwed up on this one and this makes 2 times that the same guy has gotten screwed. Sounds like whoever the distributor is doesn't need to be a distributor for Bowtech any longer as they continue to give a great company a black eye.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: nubo

No guy's I think you might be right again I noticed the mods were PD3 's as well. Now when I compared the bow's the riser is alot different than the 03 model ,I was pretty sure someone told me of the cam difference's on a previous post .The distributor called to tell me that they will be exchanging this bow this week and that this was an accident that I recieved this bow at all.I could tell you that this bow has other little differences as well but I'll wait and see what the next one look's like.
I knew you guy's would be able to tell me what was going on.

nubo
Something is fishy here with the distributor!! How would he know that it "was an accident that he recieved this bow at all" unless he knew that this bow was the wrong bow or something that was not up to standards?????
I also have another question,,,,, does the limbs have Patriot or Liberty or Dually on them?? Nubo, maybe you just got a hold of a prototype????[&:]
I can't believe this bow was assembled at the factory, it would take a special set of cables and string and would require a specific limb deflection to make the draw weight. Not to mention that none of the specs would match,,,, brace height, ATA and draw length to that of an'04 Patriot Dually which should be a 35 1/8 " ATA and a 7 5/8 " brace. Keep us updated!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Walk's with a gimp ,the limbs said patriot VFT on them that look ed different I would have thought they would have said Patriot Dually VFT????
The reason The destributor called was that he recieved a call from Gary at my shop telling him that the birth certificate didn't match this bow but the serial number matched the certificate ???So he knew of a problem so he called me then I told him of the gap between the cam and the limb So he said he was going to give me a new one because that didn't sound right and something was wrong. I spoke to him yesterday and he has reassured me that I will soon be recieving a new bow . I'm not worried any longer I will be getting a new bow soon.
nubo