Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Installing a release loop

Old 01-31-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Installing a release loop

Are there any special tools needed to install a loop?
Old 01-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Installing a release loop

Nope, I do mine with a razor, a lighter and a pair of needlenose for setting the loop. Make sure that you know how to knot the string before attempting. The results could be bad if it doesn't hold. I like to change out my loop quite often and purchased a roll of Brownell loop material through Lancaster archery for 24.99. This stuff is great to work with. The diameter is smaller than most and it seems very durable. It is 100% nylon so it balls up on the end when hit with the lighter. Again, make sure that you know what you are doing first. If you are tired of rubber tubing on your peep and having trouble getting the string trained. You can serve the loop to the string by making a loop in the serving material and tie it to the base of the loop. Take and separate the ends and wrap them around the bow string , using half hitches as you would in making a tie on nock. This will give you control of the string thus aligning your peep. Worked great for me. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's easy all you need is a set of allen key's and string and your all set to go .

nubo
Old 01-31-2004, 08:56 PM

Also some wax. I melt wax over the knots to hold them. I tie a double larks head knot. One knot per side. Total time- 1 hour. (2 min getting the loop on, 58 min figuring out how to tie the other end of the knot.)
Old 01-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a couple of pics.

Old 01-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Number 2. "Not that number 2!"

Old 01-31-2004, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ZAK123' Good one. I got a good laugh out of that one. I usually don't have trouble getting the second knot on. But always have to redo it because the knot is completely backwards. If you haven't used the Brownell material it is awesome to work with.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:01 AM

I agree Elkcrazy, the brownell string is really nice to work with!!
Old 02-01-2004, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

But always have to redo it because the knot is completely backwards.
Backwards[:'(] Darnit back to the drawing boards. So thats why it looks different.[:@] Gotta redo it.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, sdrawkcab!!!!! I like to have both of the knots to be the same. You know where the string end , ends up at. When tying the second knot try standing on your head. It should make it come out correct. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Installing a release loop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.