Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What do you think of this set-up?

Old 01-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default What do you think of this set-up?

Here is what I am going to try this year. What do you think, and give me some suggestions? Hoyt ultratec, with cam 1/2, 75 percent let-off, 29 inch draw, 70 pound model(will shoot around 67 pounds). I will use a string loop, fletcher hunter superpeep 3/16, with simms limbsavers and leeches standard on the bow. I want to try a spot hogg sight, and use an alpine sof-loc 5 arrow quiver. braided wrist strap, 6 inch stealth hunter stabilizer, simms cable slide and cable dampener. I will be using carbon express 3d select 300's, 30 inches long, fletched with 3, 4 inch duravanes fletched at 4 degrees. I will shoot 100 grain muzzy 3 blades. Total arrow weight is 396 grains. Any idea what kind of speed I will get? I thought about the xtec, but like the slightly longer axle to axle length of the ultratec. The only thing I havn't decided on is a rest. I like a shoot through rest with micro adjusts. What is a good one that will mount up solid to the one hole rest mount on the ultratec riser? I have shot mathews for years and although I love my lx and q2xl, they just didn't come out with anything this year I really liked. I know the hoyt guys are gonna love this. I still like mathews guys, so please take it easy on me.Give me your input and suggestions. Thanks, Bhunter32
Old 01-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you think of this set-up?

BHunter this is my set-up this season!
BowTech Patriot Dually
Impact Archery Cosmic sight posibly change to Spott Hogg Real Deal
Quick tune 3000 micro adjust rest
Braided wrist sling
Fletcher True Peep
Carbon Force 200's for now unsure on new shaft's {S/T Axis's 400's }for hunting something lighter for 3D
Checkout the quicktune 3000rest you might like it .

nubo
Old 01-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you think of this set-up?

Both NAP and Golden Key have special mounting plates to fit right into the cutout on Hoyt's Tec risers. In shoot thru rests, I'm partial to the GKF Golden Premier or the Platimum Premier. I have not used the NAP 3000 but that would be another that fits what you're looking for.