Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finally got my hands on some '04 Bowtechs!

Old 01-29-2004, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Finally got my hands on some '04 Bowtechs!

After going to the fifth shop in a 300-mile radius, I finally found one that ordered in some of the '04 Bowtechs. A couple weeks ago, while in St. Louis, I called the company and asked them to give me the names of every shop which was listed as a Bowtech dealer. Some still carried the line, some were discontinuing, and some were dragging their feet waiting to sell leftover '03 stock. Simply amazing; a metropolitan area of three million, and no '04's anywhere. I drove back down through Southern Illinois, and no shops had any of the new bows. I finally struck paydirt today in a little town of 4,000 an hour south of here.

I was amazed that the first thing that jumped out at me was something I don't recall ever being discussed by all the Bowtech junkies on here: the grip. I don't recall the grips being anything like that on previous Bowtechs. The thin, narrow throat felt extremely nice and capable of promoting a torque-free connection to the bow. I especially liked how the wood wrapped all the way around the riser, while simultaneously remaining "thin" -- unlike, say, Hoyt's offerings which uses side plates of wood. That way, my hand still touches wood, and not metal. (I know Hoyt has since placed a piece of felt there, which may serve to indicate I'm not the only one who didn't like the hand-to-metal contact.)

I drew a Patriot SC and the Mighty Mite VFT several times, and liked the way they felt. I'm going back next week to shoot them, when I have my release with me. The Pat sticker was a bit scary, though: $719! [] Amazing how expensive top-end bows have become!
Old 01-29-2004, 05:30 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally got my hands on some '04 Bowtechs!

Scary? For a quality item like a bowtech $719 is like stealing.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check out the prices of some of the other top of the line bow's ,I checked out the prices on the competition and I will tell you they were scarier than that.

nubo
Old 01-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Greg,
It's about time.
Wait until you feel the shot of that Patriot SC for the speed it's producing. Its amazing really.
Make sure that you are shooting the 04's also.......
Since you have no interest in downgrading on speed the Patriot should be a good fit. Not quite a super shorty, will have a feel of a longer bow, and it's quick.
That said, if you can find one to shoot, try a Liberty. Even if it's just for giggles, it doesn't dissapoint.
You mean after roughly 235,000 BowTech posts we didn't say one thing about that sweet grip? [] Was it the real nice looking camo laminated version?
Old 01-29-2004, 05:55 PM

The price is probablly high because there is probablly a high deman and low supply in that area.

I have mentioned the grip on my Liberty a few times.... talk about sweet. The grip LOOKS awsome, and FEELS awsome. The grip on my Liberty is the laminated camo grip, it has a "rough" look to it that I REALLY like. It is smooth and shiny, but it isn't so smooth that if your hards sweat it will fall out. The grip is a work of art in my opinion
Old 01-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

nubo, in no way did I mean to imply that Bowtechs are overpriced compared to their competition or anything like that... I simply meant all top-end bows: Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, Bowtech... I actually hate it when someone singles out a particular manufacturer (you see it with Mathews a lot) and says something intelligent like, "I wish they'd quit putting so much of their profits into advertising (again, usually mentioning something about seven-page, full-color ads) and lower their prices." What that person neglects to do is compare the prices of the manufacturer they're complaining about to every other player in the game. They're all pretty much in the same ballpark.

You mean after roughly 235,000 BowTech posts we didn't say one thing about that sweet grip?
Nope. I was amazed as you when I saw them. Amazed you guys had never said anything about them, that is.

Was it the real nice looking camo laminated version?
Yep. Sweet.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

MQ1shooter,

I'm not sure where Cape Girardeau is (since I don't have a map handy) but I'll be coming to St. Louis on Feb 20-21 to the PBR event there. After the PBR my tenative plans are to visit some IL. dealers for 4-5 days and then go to the IL. Deer & Turkey Expo in Bloomington...

I'll have the entire BowTech line either at the PBR show (12 bows) or in my trailer. I have righties, lefties, colored you name it... Well almost... Heck, I'll probably still have some BowBoogers left then too...Maybe I'll hook you up with some [:-]

Stop on by if you can, I'd love to meet you and let you try out the bows....

Feel free to e-mail me if your interested [email protected]

Regards, Pat

P.S. This invitation is extended to anyone reading this...
Old 01-29-2004, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MQ1shooter

After going to the fifth shop in a 300-mile radius, I finally found one that ordered in some of the '04 Bowtechs. A couple weeks ago, while in St. Louis, I called the company and asked them to give me the names of every shop which was listed as a Bowtech dealer. Some still carried the line, some were discontinuing, and some were dragging their feet waiting to sell leftover '03 stock. Simply amazing; a metropolitan area of three million, and no '04's anywhere. I drove back down through Southern Illinois, and no shops had any of the new bows. I finally struck paydirt today in a little town of 4,000 an hour south of here.

I was amazed that the first thing that jumped out at me was something I don't recall ever being discussed by all the Bowtech junkies on here: the grip. I don't recall the grips being anything like that on previous Bowtechs. The thin, narrow throat felt extremely nice and capable of promoting a torque-free connection to the bow. I especially liked how the wood wrapped all the way around the riser, while simultaneously remaining "thin" -- unlike, say, Hoyt's offerings which uses side plates of wood. That way, my hand still touches wood, and not metal. (I know Hoyt has since placed a piece of felt there, which may serve to indicate I'm not the only one who didn't like the hand-to-metal contact.)

I drew a Patriot SC and the Mighty Mite VFT several times, and liked the way they felt. I'm going back next week to shoot them, when I have my release with me. The Pat sticker was a bit scary, though: $719! [] Amazing how expensive top-end bows have become!
HEY![:@]

I believe I mentioned the grip in my list of why I thought the Liberty was improved over your namesake. Didn't I Greg? You quoted me on it not long ago in another post too IIRC. I thought I mentioned an improved less torquey grip. Hee Hee

Pat SC IS sweet. AFAIC it get's "most improved player" award for the 2004 line. Dealers loved it at the show.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

MQ1! no I never took offence to what you said ,I'm just saying that here in Canada you'd be scared to look at the prices .But I checked out the prices of the compitition bow's as well and they were all in the same ballpark one brand was way out infront for price but the rest were close.

Yes guy's! the grip on the 04's is super nice but I'm sure the VFT last season had the very same grip didn't it?

nubo
Old 01-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

No prob, nubo -- I was clarifying for my sake as much as anything... I knew I hadn't riled your feathers!

Jeff, you may be right; after that litany list of why the Liberty was better than my MQ-1, I may have stopped reading so comprehensively after item number 13! Regardless, it was really sweet to actually feel the grip; it's probably as nice as anything I've ever felt.

Quick Reply: Finally got my hands on some '04 Bowtechs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.