Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tropy Ridge Flatliner

Old 01-28-2004, 06:21 PM

Default Tropy Ridge Flatliner

Anyone use a Trophy Ridge Flatliner? I am thinking about getting a new sight and have looked at the flatliner and the vital bow oracle bow sight. I want something that is easy to adjust, durable and highly visible in low light. Currently I have a PSE package sight. It is a pain to adjust and only average in low light. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:35 PM

Default RE: Tropy Ridge Flatliner

I had the Trophy Ridge didn`t like it broken pins and it would move could not keep it tight.[:@]Don`t know anything about the Oracle but I have a Spott Hogg and think its great well built and rock solid.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Though others have expressed experiences where their Trophy Ridge sights would move periodically I never had that problem....though I probably did not have mine as long as some others did. About the only negative things I could say about it were that it was a little to big and bulky compared to what I am normally accustomed to. Other than that I had no complaints.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

The movement problem has been fixed , they are useing a new bracket .
Old 01-30-2004, 09:52 AM

ESettrer1
I have shot a 3 pin flatliner ,5 pin flatliner,and now have moved up to a 5 pin .019 Metal pin Matrix.And soon will be fixing up with the new Guide Series Matrix.I first had problems with the butterfly nuts (not getting tight)windage,elevation.
Solution
go with regular allen bolts so you can torque them down .Second flatliner pins are plastic small twigs can enter the sight housing and break them ,solution buy metal pin version.I have shot 3D ,and hunted with these sights .I have heard lots of opinions.
I personaly will probly not change sights for a long time if ever .
What i like about these sights
The vertical pins.
The easy pin adjustments most of all!!
It's built to be tuff ,and is dependable.
The fiber optics are great as well.
If somthing breaks that was beyond your control mail it back they will make it right i;m sure.
Hope this was helpfull [
Old 01-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Iuse a 3 pin flatliner and I really like this sight. I sold my old bow with every thing on it but my flatliner, it will be going on my justice.