Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Questions about arrow spine

Old 01-28-2004, 12:36 PM

Default Questions about arrow spine

I shoot a reflex gamegetter bow.It is ratet at 60#-70#. I dont know the exact poundage it is set on but the top limb is as tight as it will go and the bottom limb I had to back down a little to get my tiller even. I have a 28" draw. On the string I have a peep sight with the rubber tube 2 string leaches and a string loop. I have been shooting Easton xx75 advantage 2315 arrows, fletcheted with three 4" feathers.My arrows are 28" long. I have been using 100 grain heads. I had to switch arrow rests because I was getting fletching contact with my buss cable. I now have a whisker biscuit which acts as an overdraw and I would like to shorten my arrows to 26".I switched to the whisker biscuit so I could shoot with my cock feathe out instead of up and that fixed my flething contact problem.If I shorten my arrows 2" will I be over spined? If so can I fix the spine problem by ging to a heavier head? How does spine affect arrow flight?
Old 01-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Questions about arrow spine

I know that others will argue with what I am going to say but there is no such thing as an overspined arrow IMO[8D]
Old 01-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Questions about arrow spine

I'll bite,yes there is such a thing as an overspined arrow but you can shoot way overspine and still be ok.The most forgiving and ultimately accurate arrow is one that is perfect with spine or slightly over.If you get way over,the arrow doesn't utlize all the energy and flies side ways for a bit and robs ke and forgiveness.If you can't get overspined,why not just sell 1 really stiff arrow and forget the rest.

2" most likely won't kill you and yea a heavier tip would help with spine but may make the foc too heavy and you may not like your arrow trajectory or flight caracteristics.The arrow should be better if my program is correct with the heavier tips with either feathers or vanes at the shorter length so I would say cut them and put the heavier point in them.If you don't like the way they tune and fly at this point,I would suggest getting the exact poundage and going to Easton's web sight and checking their online spine chart and get what they reccomend.