Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Looking for the perfect quiver.

Old 01-28-2004, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default Looking for the perfect quiver.

I need a quiver that will do some key things. Has anyone seen a quiver that meets these requirements?

1. Must mount on the bow and be removable once on stand.
2. Be at least 5 arrows in capacity (I'll consider 4)
3. Provide a fletching cover to protect my feathers from moisture and cover the brightness of the nocks.

Thanks for any tips.

Fritz
Old 01-28-2004, 06:20 AM

Default RE: Looking for the perfect quiver.

I don't think I've ever seen one that has a built in fletching cover that fits on the bow. I do know SIMS makes a fletching cover, if I remember it retails for about $15 bucks. I have one my buddy made me that has camo material on the outside and is lined on the inside with vinyl pleather, it attaches to the quiver with elastic string. It works great, but I do think the sims product is pretty affordable. I use it all of the time, it protects my feathers even on a dry day from getting beat up.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Have you got a link for that fletching cover PAHardwoods? I only see the quiver inserts for quieting point vibration and their Stealth Fletching.

Thanks,

Fritz
Old 01-28-2004, 07:03 AM

Cabelas has them Fritz. Look under archery and then quivers and they are right there for $14.99. Here is a pic of what they look like.

Old 01-28-2004, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

You're the man! That one looks like the ticket. Thank you.

Looks like I've got a new toy to get.

Fritz
Old 01-28-2004, 07:42 AM

Alawys glad to help out a fellow PA guy, and on top of that a PSU Grad. FIGHT ON STATE!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 07:53 AM

mrfritz44, send me an email, and I will send you the sims fletch cover for free. I bought one, but my hoyt quiver spreads the arrows out so far that it would not work. I have no use for it.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:09 AM

The "bag-type" fletch cover is problematic and a pain in the butt. They snag when moving through the brush, they collect debris, moisture slides down the shafts and wets collects in the bag if the bag material is waterproof or soaks the bag if the material is not waterproof, does not prevent moisture from wetting the fletch/vane, and you will play hell trying to sneak out an arrow for a second shot.

I use a "homemade" lightweight curtain made of waterproof material. "Rip-stop" nylon works fine. Lightweight "Gortex" is better.

-The curtain is approx. 2 inches longer than my shafts.
-The width is sized so that there is a 1" overlap. The "overlap" is positioned to the front (side that most shafts are first pulled from).
The curtain is wrapped around the top of the quiver and held by a ½" stretch-band sewed under a hem (like on sweatpants)
-There are 2 small snaps on the overlap; one in the middle, one near the (fletch) end.

When moving through the brush the snaps are shut. When in my stand I take the quiver off my bow and mount it on a quiver bracket that is screwed into the tree. I then unsnap the snaps. This allows me to spread the curtain and draw another shaft if needed. If the rain or snow stops, I roll the curtain up and tuck it under the stretch-band.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use an Alpine Soft-loc quiver. Best I've found so far. I have the five arrow style, but only take 3 arrows with me. This allows me to spread them about farther and does not make any noise if I have to make a shot with the quiver on.

As far as a cover for the fletches and nocks. I never worried about. Deer are mostly color blind anyway and I don't think the bright nock is going to be the deciding factor if a deer spooks or not. Here is a recomendation though if you want to try the Sims cover. Get a spare mount for your quiver(whichever you choose) and mount it to your treestand in a way the the when you place your quiver in the block, the arrows are pointing down with the cover up. This way, water can't get into it and it should be easier to get another arrow out. Just a thought
Old 01-28-2004, 11:08 AM
CWB

I used a Bohning Lynx 4 arrow quiver last year. I was really impresssed with the quiver I could shoot all day while practicing and my arrows stayed up tight and never ever slid down. First quiver I ever owned that I could say that about. I shot carbon express CX300 size arrows with mechanical broadheads. The quiver is very light weight (big plus) the arrows come out easily even in cold weather. It is a compact size quiver. The only thing I that I could complain about is it would be better if it faned the arrows (fletching) out a little bit. As far as a camo cover for your fletching I use a end sleeve off a a camo long sleeved t-shirt. Cut just enough length to cover fletching and the elastic cuff will hold the sleeve up. Put elastic to the top side and slide loose end down over fletching. you can easily slide it up and draw another arrow if need be.

Quick Reply: Looking for the perfect quiver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.