Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Extreme VFT....

Old 01-27-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Extreme VFT....

Alright guys, my brother just sold his Mathews and bought an Extreme VFT. That thing was flinging those arrows like darts. It was nice. At just 50 lbs it shot pretty fast I thought. I really liked the Bow. Not to be bashing on bowtech or nothing because bowtechs bows are real good. That is actually the first i have got to shoot in their line up. But After the shot There was so much vibration. EVEN W/MY 10 inch D2 Multi-rod doinker. I thought that was real weird but i remembered some ppl saying that some of the bowtechs have alot of vibration. It sounded like when you hold a rubber band apart and pop it. Other than that i really liked the bow. What could he get to help out that vibration prob. He seems to not really care about it... But its always good to not have much vibration when shooting your bow. Right at this time I do not think I would hand my Machete in for a VFT. But thats right now. I think getting the longer stabilizer for the machete was my best move since i bought it. Once again, im not bashing BowTech.. They have some mighty fine bows! Thanks alot.
Stealth
Old 01-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Extreme VFT....

Did it have the factory limb blocks and string/cable silencers? If so.. tell him to add a set of limb savers to the end of the limbs right before where they thicken near the cam/idler. My Patriot single cam was extremely quiet and vibration free w/ just the limbsavers and the stock string silencers.. and NO stabilizer.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:31 PM

OMG. The EX VFT with handshock????

Honestly, I would tell him to get that bow checked out QUICK. My best friend has a EX VFT and it is set at 28" and 63#, and he is shooting a 390 grain arrow (not very heavy), and this bow is dead quiet and shockfree. He only has the original BowTech Hush Kit and a x-ring stabilizer.

I would be worried about that vibration as it isn't what you should be getting from the EX VFT. Definetly have him get it checked out.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the bow limbs are set at the weak end of the draw spuctrum his bow might experience more vibration. Todays bows are set up to shoot their best with the limbs bottomed out. Also a bow at say 50-60 lb set at 60lbs will outshoot a bow that is 60-70 shot at 60 lbs. When the limbs are loosened the limbs are driving in a more upward position than a more foward position. If it doesn't overbow him try tightening the limb bolts and see if this cures the problem.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

First of all is this bow new or used ?check every bolt and screw on the bow check limb's for defect's ,then if you don't find anything take it and have it checked out .Sound's like something's loose if it's giving that much vibration it should be easy to locate.

nubo
Old 01-27-2004, 08:56 PM

Nubo's got it!! Check everything out and make sure it's tight, limb bolts bottomed, correct length module installed along with the correct draw stop setting for THAT module. If nothing changes,,,,, put some BOWBOOGERS on it[8D]