Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Wouldn't You Think

Old 01-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Wouldn't You Think

I know the manufacturers want to keep their secrets until after the ATA show, so they can WOW! the buyers. But, wouldn't you think that any manufacturer with half a brain cell would have their websites updated and ready to go, and all they'd have to do is flip the switch the day after the show? I want to check out the new goodies too! I've been to a half dozen different sites today only to find nothing but last year's stuff - if the site was up and running at all.[:'(]
Old 01-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wouldn't You Think

For some reason, the overwhelming majority of archery companies are really missing the boat on how much the internet is used, it seems.

I'm with you, Art
Old 01-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, It's pretty dang annoying huh?

I find it kind of funny, or stupid, that the pro shops don't get to see the new stuff until almost a month into the new year. What's with that? The show should be back in December so that all of the stores get to see it and have it available for the consumer when the new year starts. Not a month or more later.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

What's worse is the products introduced at the ATA show won't be available till March.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

"WE" the consumers, are the ones who in reality support the market and its products.
One would think after the dealers had preview of all the new 04' merchandise, the manufactures would release all their new ads, opening their doors to us. This way we can then chase after the pro shops.
However, I think the manufactures would prefer to have the 'orders' placed first, which is a reason for the show, then have the products shipped to their distributors and pro shops.
This way, when they launch their ads to the web the pro shops would have had their stocks, and the consumer (ourselves) will have no reasons to whine about the availability.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

I could not agree with you more Arthur. The internet is much bigger and more influential than I think alot of folks realize.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:54 AM

Amen Brother Art Amen!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 11:33 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree Arthur, would make sense, but to quote my mother, "When did you get the impression that there was and abundance of commen sense in this world?"
Old 01-28-2004, 11:44 AM

This has been a pet peeve of mine for some time. It is not difficult or time consuming to update a website. I wonder if they think "hunters" are not computer savy. Whatever the reason, they are missing the boat, big time. Websites should not only have all current product sales information, but they should have pages containing all owner's manuals, equipment specs, past models and any other useful info on their products. This information should be on their website the moment it becomes current.

I also hate it when they post an email address and then hardly ever check it. E-mail should be checked by someone, at least a few times each day. It's almost like they're trying to make customers angry on purpose.

I feel better now...