Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Copper John Deadnuts Users

Old 01-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Copper John Deadnuts Users

Chad, I don't know if you noticed on mine, but I like mine out as far as it will go. I makes the pins finer for one, but it helps with peep alignment for me. Being farther out lets me get my sight ring inside the peep better.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, I missed the Penn State thing. Sheesh, I should probably shut up about working there then. The beer does seem to taste better with all the college chicks around up there.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:49 AM

Hey Jeepnut, Never heard of Hunter's Archery in Lock Haven. Lock Haven is about halfway between State College and Williamsport. It takes about 45 minutes to get to Lock Haven. There are a number of shops in the State College Area that have a Dart System to shoot. I do shoot them once in a while.

Hey Chris, Yeah the beer does taste better with all those college girls strutting around. Good old Vitamin Y for me (Yeungling) I hope my wife isn't reading this[] It seems every year the clothes on those girls get less and less, not that i'm complaining. How do you get any work done at all on campus! Next time we shoot I'll have to wear my shirt that says "State College a Drinking Town with a Football Problem" I didn't notice your sight when we shot, but I moved mine all the way out last night and I can see how it could really help, Now if the weather would just get better so I can get out and Shoot[:'(]
Old 01-28-2004, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

LMFO!! ...........drinking town with a football problem

I don't care who you are, thats funny right there!
Old 01-28-2004, 11:45 AM

If anyone has Been to State College, They know what that shirt says is true. I bought it at Old State Clothing downtown, But I know Champs Sports Bar Has them too. When I saw them I knew I had to have one. I'm gonna be trying the sight out on its farthest setting tonight at the Bowhunters Shop, Heading down there right after work. I thought I was never going to get to shoot again, I was starting to twitch.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:01 PM

There are a number of shops in the State College Area that have a Dart System to shoot. I do shoot them once in a while.
Pa hardwoods, Where are the shops in the State College area that have the Dart System? The only ones, that I am familiar with are RMC sporting goods located in the old Helca skating rink, and the one at Warriors Mark. The shop in Warriors Mark has a indoor winter league and also had 2 3D courses during the summer. I am a 1991 graduate of Redneck Tech in Williamsport, and currently reside in Centre Hall.

It seems every year the clothes on those girls get less and less, not that i'm complaining. How do you get any work done at all on campus!
Everytime I have a job at the College, it is hard to get anything done. Just got to love it... No wonder they named it Beaver Ave.

If your willing to travel about 45 minutes from State College over to the Lewistown area, there is the Mifflin County Sportmens Association which has everything from indoor archery (Tues, Wed, and Sun 6 pm to 9pm), 6 to 8 3D events per year, 5 Stand, Pistol Range, and also a Rifle range up to a 1000 yds, + many other different activities, and the cost is only $20.00 per year or $30.00 for the entire family. The other club is Shawnee archers which is located only a mile from the MCSA. They have a 20 yd indoor range and the shoot at least 3 times a week, FITA. Cost I believe is around 30.00 for a years membership.

I have been looking for more places to shoot in the State College area and just can't seem to find much. So let me know if you know of more places.

Viper125
Old 01-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Viper, those are the only two I know of as well. The one in Hecla leaves a lot to be desired though. Not the DART system, but range and so forth. They are more geared toward muzzleloader stuff.

I have a cousin who shoots in Lewistown. Dan Simonetti. He shoots there some that I know of.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:25 PM

Sorry Viper I guess I chose bad words, You named the shops I was thinking about. I also Shoot at Clarence Archery up near Snowshoe and Out at Black Eagle in Lamar in the Summer. Black Eagle has a very nice 3D range. I usually shoot Black Eagle, Clarence Archery, and Seven Points Sportsmens Club in Clarence for 3D in the summer. May be we could get together and shoot sometime. Muzzyman88 and I got together last week to shoot and had a good time, and plan on doing it again. Drop me an email or a PM if ya wanna shoot sometime.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:32 PM

As long as we're talking about Copper John sights. Can someone explain to me in laymans terms 3rd axis? Whats the advantge? I'm thinking of trading for a Pro III. Jerry