Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MISSED WITH THE LIBERTY!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2004, 06:28 PM

Default MISSED WITH THE LIBERTY!!!!!!!

Yep, yesterday was the first time I have missed my target with my Liberty

I drew back, aimed, slowly squeezed the trigger of my release. Next thing I know, the release doesn't open, it is frooze shut (dang 8 degree weather), well, I get ready to let down and BAM, the release opens and off flys my arrow into the woods [:@]

I was at about 3/4 full draw when the release finally let go. Will this have any negative effect on the bow? I don't see how it could as the arrow was still on the string, but I am not sure.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MISSED WITH THE LIBERTY!!!!!!!

Jason.........talk about paranoid. Relax.......if you think about it, what happened was less violent than if you were at full draw.

Sorry about the loss of the arrow though.

I do understand your pain though, although I have a hole in my garage to remind me of it everyday.[]
Good torture test for a CXL350 though.
I had a hangfire on my one thumb trigger release practicing spots from my driveway. sear didn't trip and I sat there wondering what the heck to do........well the release decided for me. 3/4 draw and BANG!

That was with the Pro40 Dually though so you do have the first official Liberty miss.
Congratulations![8D]
Old 01-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as the arrow was on the string, it's no prob BM
Old 01-26-2004, 06:38 PM

BM, it was you that missed not the Liberty, 8 degrees man you got it bad. Glad noone was hurt.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:57 PM

HighBow, I know that it was me, I just had to put that title on there to get some peoples attention! The 8 degrees is nothing, Saturday night, it got down to -13 degrees here, now that is COLD!!!!!

Matt, I am a little paranoid. Geez, I don't know what I would do if I hurt my Liberty

I'll have to go check out my woods Wed when I am setting up my Stealth cam and see if I can find that arrow! Stupid me set the rest on my target which had some snow on it, The release must have been warm from my hand and it melted some of the snow. When I drew back, that frooze up

Now who was it that said Matt couldn't hit the broadside of his garage???????
Old 01-26-2004, 07:06 PM

Sounds like you "liberated' that arrow!!!! Free from further tortures of being thrusted through the air against it's will!!! Free from being abused by being yanked from a nice warm target back stop!!! Free from being struck by another arrow while finally coming to rest in the X!! Free from,,,,, well you get my drift
Old 01-26-2004, 07:15 PM

ROFLMAO

Man WWAG, you have too much time on your hands. But I will admit, it was a very liberating experience!

It doesn't look like I will shoot at all tommorow. We are getting some MAJOR freezing rain right now![:@]
Old 01-26-2004, 07:26 PM

I've had a ton of time on my hands today with the 13 inches of snow and steady 25 MPH winds we're having!!![] I called in and took the day off work, I'm sure I wouldn't have made it there, I live out in the sticks you see, the woman and the dog and the kid in me. I got a Bowtech and an arrow and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive,,, A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE!!!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 07:37 PM

SOMEBODY PLEASE GET THIS MAN TO THE TARGET RANGE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Buck, I'm trying not to laugh. Thats funny actually. I know exactly how you feel though. I did something similar a few years back at a 3D shoot though. Talk about feeling "" this small. There were peopel all around. I stepped to the stake, eye balled the distance and began drawing. About half way through the draw my release broke and off went my arrow about 15 feet over the target and down through the woods. Everyone was looking at me as to say "look at this idiot!!" Bummer of it was, I didn't have another release.

All joking aside, Matt/PA is right, nothing to worry about. You do more violent things to that bow at full draw. I"m just glad you had an arrow there. Otherwise things coulda been purdy ugly.

Quick Reply: MISSED WITH THE LIBERTY!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.