Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MISSED WITH THE LIBERTY!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2004, 05:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: MISSED WITH THE LIBERTY!!!!!!!

Sounds to me like you need to start looking into a freeze-proof release design.... Speaking of which, which release are you using?
Old 01-27-2004, 05:47 AM

Frank, I am using a Tru-Fire X-Caliper. After having that happen, I think you are right. I won a Zenith release on a different hunting board and it should be comming to me soon, so I will wait to see how I like that.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

BM.. sounds to me like you totally trashed that bow. No point in taking chances.. ship it to me immediately for proper disposal!!!

[>:]
Old 01-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Spike

You weren't the first to miss with the liberty. About two weeks ago I was trying a release I hadn't used in years. I think it is a cascade. You push a button with thumb, it goes off when you release the button. I was at about half draw when it went. don't know if I touched the button, or if the sear wasn't completley ingaged. Got six inches of penetration in the kitchen wall. Last weekend we got 20 inches of snow. Last night it was 35 below. Now it is snowing like crazy. That is even unusual for North Dakota. Lefse
Old 01-27-2004, 01:08 PM

Got six inches of penetration in the kitchen wall

LOL Remember, the spine must be exact for optimal penetration!!
Old 01-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

I was at about 3/4 full draw when the release finally let go.
That's probably the slowest arrow that'll ever be launched from that bow!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:04 PM

Buck, is there any chance you might wait till it warms up to around 20 degrees before trying that again. The first 3-D shoot close to me is set for this Sunday and the weatherman says snow and a high of 36, I just hate to get snow on that new Justice.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:14 PM

Hey HighBow, I don't know if I will be able to go without shooting my Liberty till it warms up. I can shoot in the garage or in my best-friends basement, but it just isn't the same. I like taking some shots at 15, then 25, then 35, and then 45, but I can't exactly shoot a bow in doors at 45 yards.

HighBow, if you are like me (which it sounds like you are), can you just imagine us this fall. We will be on full alert while hunting this year, can't get ANY scratches on them, and GOD, what would I do if I actually got blood on my bow
Old 01-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey BM. Let me carry it a while. After 2 seasons my bows look like crash test dummies. Bows don't have caracter until they have a few scars. About all of the releasing arrows at the most inoportune moment. I actually shot a hole completely through my bedroom wall after ricocheting off of the sink and counter top. The arrow was hanging off the wall outside by the nock.

Quick Reply: MISSED WITH THE LIBERTY!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.