Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

sight question-need help asap

Old 01-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default sight question-need help asap

i am sighting in my new bow and i had 2 switch 2 a 3 pin sight. i was going to sight in at 10 20 and 30 yards but my bow shoots the same from 10-20 yards. so i am going 2 take out one pin and use the top pin for 10-20 and bottom for 30. which two colors have u found 2 be most effective in low light conditions between red yellow and green? (i use .29 pins if that matters) thanx for the help.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sight question-need help asap

Hay shootem i had a problem seeing in low light in the early days. I ether let or i plain out missed some just becouse i could not see the pin. the best color i have found that works for me is green! by far. sence then i have taken some nice deer right before dark and early morning. but dont forget that i was using fiberoptics sights! give it a try i think you see what i mean.good luck!
Old 01-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am using fiberoptic sights also but a while ago someone was saying that one color they found not to be as bright as the others so i am trying to find the 2 best of the 3
Old 01-26-2004, 04:41 PM

I like green
Old 01-26-2004, 04:50 PM

for low light go with the yellow and green.the red doesn't show up as well in low light.take your bow and sight outside about dark and see what works best for you.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Green definitely shows up the best. Make that your 20yd pin.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

every1 agree that green should be the 20 and yellow the 30?
Old 01-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a problem. my sight is kind of different or just made weird.... the top pen which is the red pen, is at a slight angle downward. the middle pin which is yellow, is straight across. the bottom pin which is green, is angled up. so is there anyway that i can switch the fiberoptics between pins by myself or would i be able 2 take it to a proshop and have them do it.

if i put the green pin(angled up) and set it where the red pin is and completely take the red out, then put the yellow pin(straight) as close as possible to the green, i think there will be to much space in between and from 30 yards it will shoot high.

im stumped-anybody got ne suggestions?
Old 01-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally like green. I can't see red all that well unless its bright out. Yellow isn't too bad either for a low light color. I set my Copper John up with green as my 20 as most low light shots will come close range. Then red for 30 yards and yellow for my 40. The yellow doesn't seem to have the "halo" effect for me and works good for pinpoint aiming at the longer distances.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

It's a toss up for me, in low light it's definitely not red though, green and yellow are my first 2 when I use 2, not necessarily in that order, this past season I used 1 pin (yellow) and it worked out great.

Quick Reply: sight question-need help asap

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.