Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone at the Merlin booth at the show?

Old 01-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone at the Merlin booth at the show?

How's that Frank...

I swore the camo Max Extreme pics floating around here awhile back had camo limb skins as well, didn't they?

From this pic, it looks like they went with brown, or they were always brown and my memory is going south...

What's the deal?
Old 01-26-2004, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone at the Merlin booth at the show?

Your memory is going south.[8D]

They were always brown, but they did try a green medallion earlier on. They decided this color combo was better.

Maybe later on down the road, they will try camo to closer match, but it is very difficult to do and keep consistency with this material. Pinwheel 12
Old 01-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow. Very nice. Those are some extremely impressive looking bows. I would be willing to be that they shoot as well as they look!
Old 01-26-2004, 07:26 PM

Frank:

They look great. I was really impressed with the 'skin' of rubber on the limbs.

However, they shoot even better. Especially with that Omega cam. Very smooth, very quiet and vibration free.

I enjoyed shooting them so much that I went back and forth to other manufacturers' shooting booths several times to make sure that I was doing a comparative study.

VERY nice.

Len
Old 01-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

And there is a NON biased test from a fellow tech who's opinion I hold in high regard. Thanks Len, they made an impression on many people, including myself! Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

Here's a pic of the Max-Xtreme (sorry, not camo)

Old 01-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kevin, did you sign up many dealers at the show?

When do you think you will have a complete listing of your dealers on the website so I can see if anyone close jumped on board?
Old 01-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Rangeball-

Yes, we did well at the show, and will be following up in the next couple of weeks with others who filled out an application but did not place an order at the show. We still have not heard back from all of our 2003 dealers as yet either, they all have to update their info to us because of the new program. Gonna be about a month by the time we get everything done probably. If you want to know if there is a dealer close to you, e-mail [email protected] and the staff will give you details on your closest current dealership. Pinwheel 12
Old 01-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:11 AM

My local Merlin dealer shot the Max Extreme at the show and was impressed as well. He's currently shooting a Max 3000 that has all the typical siliencing doo-dads on it. He said the new Max Extreme (bare bow) was equal to the Max 3000 with everything on it. I can testify that the Max 3000 is very quiet and has little vibration. I'm looking forward to trying one myself.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

Straightarrow-

Yep, we put the bows into guys' hands with nothing on them other than a rest. We did have stabilizers handy to install should they want one, but preferred to not "mask" anything on the bows. I also shoot a Max 3000 for all target work, and this bow is very quiet as well with all of my "doo-dads" on it, but you are correct, the Max Xtreme is another animal all together, and as stated everyone who shot it flat-out stated that it was one of the smoothest and quietest bows they had ever shot.

I think it will be a great seller once people really "find out" about them.

So that's my job for 2004! Pinwheel 12

One more peek-

Quick Reply: Anyone at the Merlin booth at the show?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.