Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone at the Merlin booth at the show?

Old 01-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone at the Merlin booth at the show?

What are the specs on the Max Extreme again?

Also, there's a lot of talk about balance with the Bowtechs... Hows the balance on these babies?
Old 01-28-2004, 10:29 AM

If you look up a few posts, to the one of the red extreme, I believe it is balancing all on its own. I could be wrong, and I am sure Pinwheel will correct me if I am. My order will be going in soon.

JMAC
Old 01-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

jmac_or--

I have to be honest, that bow is supported in the middle by the grip, yes, but also the string is attached into a holder on the side of the upright to keep it from getting knocked off--- some nimrod knocked the whole thing, holder and all, off the shelf anyway at one point, luckily only onto carpet and no harm done. (I was down at the demo area with other dealers when it happened, seem to almost always miss the good stuff! ) We did have one person drop a Vision while test shooting it right in front of me onto the bare concrete--- DOH!!--that wasn't good, but even that bow held up OK and barely wimpered from the ordeal and after a check to make sure everything was OK was shot many times afterwards during the show.

Rangeball--

Specs- Max-Xtreme

33"ATA, 8" brace, 4lbs. Go to www.merlin-bows.co.uk for complete info.

The bare bow Max-Xtreme has very good balance---many of the techs who "knew better" were checking this out and were pleased. Really, it is sweet, no BS---- I'm watching the clock until my stocking order gets here so I can play with one! (or two! or three! or whatever I so choose!!!! ) Pinwheel 12