Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New NAP Vanes(Pic)!

Old 01-30-2004, 09:27 AM

Default RE: New NAP Vanes(Pic)!

Initially we will offer only a 4 inch vane in the following colors

White
Black
Flo Yellow
Flo Orange
Flo Green
Olive Drab

More colors will follow as will additional sizes. However at best new sizes and colors will not happen until late fall.

The release date of the product is April 15th to dealers and distributors.

However, I am attempting to get some of the Vegas shooters to use QuikSpin prototypes in the upcoming tournament.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man you guys no how to make a guy and his money part ways , may have to give vanes another shot .
Old 01-30-2004, 09:52 AM
CG

Probably a dumb question but is there going to be aspecific adhesive to use? AS with AAE and fast fletch? Or will any standard fletching glue work?
Old 01-30-2004, 10:12 AM

I far as I can tell we don't have any negative reactions with current glues that are available.

The fast set cyanoacrylates work very quickly (under 3 seconds) on carbons and maybe a second slower on aluminums.

If you prefer the more flexible glues like fletch-tite or MPV, those take the standard drying time recommended by the manufacturer.

one word of caution - cyanoacrylates are slightly acidic so preping the shaft with acetone or another acid based solvent highly reduces bonding. Often a shaft wiped wtih acetone and then fletched with fast set glues will have the vane come off the shaft. When looking at the shaft and the vane you'll notice the glue stuck to the vane but not the shaft indicating the glue adhered well to the vane but not the shaft. The acetone becomes a barrier to adhesion.

The actual best shaft prep when using cyanoacrylate is - water or for a stronger bond a mild solution of baking soda and water (freshman chemistry acid + base = salt + water **** acid/base reactions are the strongest chemical reactions.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:12 AM

what is the color of the vanes in the pic's
Old 01-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Cary-

Have you guys experimented with putting this new vane on a shaft with a heilcal?

Currently I'm using a trophy-taker for hunting and have a helical vane on my shaft for great broadhead flight. I'm wondering how much more spin would happen if this new vane was put on with a helical?[]
Old 01-30-2004, 01:55 PM

The color of the vane at the beginning of the post is a mistake actually. In the prototype stage we have to add colorant that is not bonded to the plastic. the picture is actually much more appealing than the real thing. Holding it in my hand it looks more like a slightly brownish pink than the bright pink colored vane at the beginning of this thread.

We have fletched them helical. All that really happens is even faster rotational acceleration and quicker stability. But once again at 5 turns in 3 yards the rotational acceleration slow down while the high spin rate is maintained.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Those things are sweet and I want some!! Can't wait until they come out.

Will we be able to buy them in small quantiites and not 100 counts? Packs of 20 or anything?
Old 01-30-2004, 02:34 PM

We already have SKUs for 36 packs and 100 packs. We are looking at also offering 12 packs.

There is a bit of sticker shock on these vanes that will inhibit some purchasers. The retail price for a 36 pack will be between $19.99 and $24.99 depending on the retailer. This is about the same price one would pay for natural barred feathers.

So the average hunter will spend another $20 to $25 on arrows
Old 01-30-2004, 03:33 PM

Since we have a fletching expert I'd like to get some terms straight.

When we talk of offset or right helical, from what perspective is that? What is to the right? How exactly is the fletch oriented on the shaft for a right helical? Thanks,

Quick Reply: New NAP Vanes(Pic)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.