Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

razortec, xtec

Old 01-26-2004, 06:17 AM

Default razortec, xtec

anybody shoot either, one i had a havotec cam and 1/2 going to somthing a little more forgiving for hunting..... what is your opion on ither the razortec or xtec
Old 01-26-2004, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: razortec, xtec

I have/had both. If you are looking for more forgiving then I would probably suggest the Xtec as it is significantly longer in axle to axle length than the Havotec. The Razortec will also be a little more forgiving but the Xtec will be noticeably more.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:50 AM

what about the vipertec i would like to stay short for treestand
Old 01-26-2004, 07:13 AM

I am a bit up in he air on either the Razortec or the Vipertec. Does anyone know what are the advantages or disadvantages on the two different designs(the shorter riser with more horizontal limbs versus the longer riser and different limbs)? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:34 AM

the vipertec has a larger brace height then the razortec but the razortec is 10 fps faster.. the limbs on the vipertec are more parrarell so that should cut the vabration down but the razortec has very little vabration i think iam buying the vipertec short bow long brace hieght sound like a killer treestand bow
Old 01-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think the Vipertec would be a good compromise between the Havoctec and the Xtec...or even the Razortec for that matter. It is about an inch longer than the Havoctec with about the same brace height. However, the longer riser and shorter, more parallel limbs make the Vipertec feel a bit bigger than it actually is. It also more equally distributes the bow's weight over the entire length of the bow making it somewhat more stable. I did an extensive review of my experiences with the Vipertec at the end of last year and in this forum.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my two cents. I just bought an 04 Vipertec. I shot it, along with an Xtec and also a Bowtech Liberty since they were considered some of the top bows coming out. I was absolutely amazed with the balance of the Vipertec for a 32" bow. Out of the three, the Vipertec was definitely the quietest and most vibration free straight from the box. This bow does not shoot or feel like its predecesor, the Havoctec. In my hands, it feels much like the Xtec does or how my old Cybertec did feel. I did use it some in late archery season out of the treestand and it does work nice in the regard also.

Of course this is personal opinion. It will come down to your personal preference. Go shoot a bunch of bows till you find one you like. If you like short bows, I suggest looking at the Vipertec closely. It uses the same concept as Bowtech's lineup to some extent (longer riser, shorter limb).