Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbin?

Old 01-25-2004, 07:11 PM

Default Carbin?

Want to go to a single pin "virtural bow gear" sight. want 55lb golden eagle Evoloution pro. to shoot flater. now shooting 2117 with 125 thunderheads. What would be the "Hot' set up for flater shoots out to 30 yards? No mechcanical heads please.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Carbin?

Well you didn't say how long your arrows are so just figuring them at 28 inches with all the usual inserts and nock and with three 4" vanes your 2117's weigh in at aproximately 530 grains total.

A beman ICS at 28 inches would weigh in at about 420 grains total with a 125 grain head.

A gold tip 55-75 at 28 inches would weigh in at about 400 grains total with a 125 grain head.

Both of these are perfectly accptable weights for whitetail deer if you would like to add a little speed to your set up.

I would guess that you would pick up about 25 to 35 fps with an arrow around 400 to 425 grains over the 2117 you are currently shooting.

If you wanted to stick with alluminum, a 2312 with 100 grain heads and 4" feathers will weigh in at about 435 grains and still give good F.O.C. of about 11%. Expect to pick up about 18 FPS with the 2312.

I hope this gives you a round about idea. Only you can decide exactly which arrow you and your set up will like.