Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Copper John Dead Nuts?

Old 01-25-2004, 06:58 AM

Default Copper John Dead Nuts?

I'm looking for a new sight for my 03 Razortec and was looking at the Copper John sight. What is with the bent pins? Why are these better than the slanted pin grooves with straight pins? Can you order the 019 pins with your sight or do you have to buy them seperatley? Can I line these bent pins up in any order I choose (green red green red) or is there a certain order they have to be placed in because of the pin offset? Thanks guys.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Copper John Dead Nuts?

The bent pins allow them to be placed in 3 separate brooves, which in turn allows the pins to be placed as close together as need be. The bending has the affect of lining them up within the same plane, regardless of their placement within the three grooves.

As for interchanging them within grooves, that seems to be a no, assuming you would want all the pins within the same plane. On the 5 pin site I have, the red pins are straight, the single yellow pin bends towards the front of the bow, and the two green bend toward the rear. From looking at their site, it seems you can order all colors with all bend characteristics effectively making them interchangable.

The .019 pins come optionally with the Pro series, and can no longer be purchased with the Hunter.

Fritz
Old 01-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

You can put the pins in any order colorwise that you want but as MrFritz said you'll have to keep them in there specific groove to keep them on the same plane, I did just that on my 5 pin because I thought the yellow was brighter than the rest. Depends on which model you get as far as pin size but you can order them seperately. I know Cabelas has them. IMO you won't regret buying a Copper John sight.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Two thumbs up here for Copper John as well. The other two gents have covered your questions but I thought I would just chime in since I am using a Copper John sight this season as well. About the only negative thing I have to say about them is that the fiber optic fibers are somewhat delicate and can be broken easily. Hopefully that new cap will help in this regard.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

In light of your comments PABowhunter, don't forget to mention the scope cover that's coming out March 1st to handle this "problem".

Fritz
Old 01-25-2004, 05:23 PM

I currently own the Copper John Dead Nuts Pro with the .19 pins. Everthing everyone said above is correct. The new sight cover that is coming out is just like the Butler Creek scope covers people use on their guns except they are not clear. They will retail for about $25 though. I love my Dead nuts pro, Copper john has made a lifelong customer out of me with this one. Everything on it is machined aluminum and stays nice and tight. I would not hesitate to buy another one. And also Copper John's customer service is #1, always very helpful, quick to respond, and listens to their customers advice. Go with the Copper John you won't regret it.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer902, I'd suggest getting the Pro if you can. You'll have the option of .019 or .029 pins. But the biggest advantage is the ability to move the vertical gang adjustment without having to re-level the sight. For hunting I prefer the .029 pins; much brighter and the fibers are less brittle.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

Yes the Pro is a heck of a nice sight and it's what I put on the Patriot. Some suggestions for Copper John that I'd like to see include:

1. Graduations on the sight axis' AND pin slots
2. Wing nut style adjustment heads on the sight axis' and pins.

The Trophy Ridge sight has these and they're both a nice feature.

Fritz
Old 01-26-2004, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hopefully that new cap will help in this regard.
Actually, my reference to a "cap" was meant to describe the scope cover.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Copper John Dead Nuts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.