Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Leave Mathews Alone

Old 01-25-2004, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Leave Mathews Alone

...can you tell that my wife and I are trying for a second child?
That's why you're wasting time on the 'puter, eh Frank?
Old 01-25-2004, 08:12 AM

A quality bow like Mathews, Bowtech, or Hoyt, cost just as much as a Mathews, or a few bucks less, depends on the shop where you buy it from! I shot a PSE before my Mathews LX, trust me I could not do anything I can with my Mathews, there is a reason, that people buy Hoyts, Bowtechs and Mathews, because they are all great bows! And it is not so much the people buying the bows, it is the people making them, and selling them, BT, Hoyt, & Mathews keep up with eachother on prices!
ORIGINAL: zak123

This is what a pro Mathew's shooter said: "Mathew's are good bows and all but they are overpriced. Since a lot of people shoot them, they jack up the price and it makes people think they're better bows. I can go up to an archery store and buy a ***** bow and shoot it just as well."
Old 01-25-2004, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's why you're wasting time on the 'puter, eh Frank?
A man has got to take a break some time.....
Old 01-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Archer 18,
Don't take it too seriously. I shoot a Mathews Legacy and love it. Some folks just have to tear someone or something else down to make themselves feel better.[:'(]

Just picture this in you mind........The one who knows everything and is the first one to ridicule, is the 450 pounder with coke bottle glasses, only 3 teeth in his head, living in a burnt out trailer with the rats and cockroaches.

Now ya gotta ask yourself, "Do you really care what that loser thinks?"

Live and let live, thats my motto.[8D]
Old 01-25-2004, 09:19 AM
CG

Archer18,
I shoot an MQ1 and absolutely love it. That being said some of the things I've seen since then has caused me some concern. The fact that they won't listen to their consumers really peeves me! And also I've found them to be VERY misleading not only in their advertising but what their reps tell dealers, consumers, etc. The Classic is my whipping boy right now and is a good example of what they are doing. Having reps tell dealers it's going to make MQ1 shooters happy is pretty misleading considering that the Feathermax is actually the anti-MQ1......And every year, it's "wait and see what we're going to introduce at the ATA....It'll blow your socks off!!"

The scary thing is that I think they actually believe it will.......

PABowhntr,
Drink lots of fluids.....and enjoy it while it lasts.....
Old 01-25-2004, 09:48 AM
nub

LOL! I'd like to have one of those pictures in my back window; one with the kid peeing on a bow instead of a Chevy or Ford. Problem is, nobody could tell from the picture if it's a Mathews or a Bowtech.
Just what you ordered.

Old 01-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Problem is, nobody could tell from the picture if it's a Mathews or a Bowtech.
LMAO!

The real reasons some of these bows are priced so high is as long as people will pay it, they will keep the high prices and.....many years ago when bowmakers came out with the lifetime warranty, we started paying for the warranty! No company can stay in business if they have to replace limbs, risers and parts for free.

As someone reiterated in a previous post, a good shooter can shoot almost any brand or model of bow, as well as any other.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry I just couldn't resist!!!

Old 01-26-2004, 04:12 AM
Typical Buck

Arthur,

Just order an Accu-Riser II.
It goes to 36" draw lengths from what I'm told!
Stewart, himself, has a 33 1/2" draw length.

Sag.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry I just couldn't resist!!!
That looks like it fit on there entirely too easily big bulls....you sure that isn't part of your regular setup?

Quick Reply: Leave Mathews Alone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.