Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

extreme vft or pat dually?????

Old 01-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default extreme vft or pat dually?????

I was offered a partial trade for a gun I am selling. I was offered a new 03 extreme or the 03 pat dually. I have shot them both last week at the shop but didn't really pay alot of attention to them. I was there to shoot the mighty mite. But now this offer came up and I dont wanna pass on it. I will get the bow of my choice and cash to make up the difference. I would be giving $450 trade for the extreme and getting $150 cash or giving $550 trade for the dually plus recieving $50 cash. Which would you go for. OPINIONS PLEASE!!
thanks.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:23 PM

Default RE: extreme vft or pat dually?????

IMO, i would take extreme and take the 150 for other goodies!!! But then again it would depend on which lbs they are..
Old 01-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry they are both 70# models forgot to add
Old 01-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

If they are both 70# bows go for the Extreme.

Cause the draw on a 70# Pat Dually is going to be really stout.

Now if they was 60# I would say go for the Pat Dually.

If you can go and re shoot both bows at the shop at 70# and you will see what I am talking about.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

I have a 70lb Pat Dually and it's a killing machine. Kinetic energy out the wazoo and it's forgiving. But it's not a bow you shoot all day. The draw cycle is harsh with a valley about as wide as my knock. Go shoot these bows again and see which is for you. I personnaly would take the Pat over the VFT for the larger brace height and more speed (how often does that happen).
Old 01-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is the valley adjustable on the dually like on the extreme?
Old 01-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is the valley adjustable on the dually like on the extreme?
In a word no
Just make sure that both cams are hitting the stops at the same time.
On mine the valley is about 1/2".
Old 01-25-2004, 11:27 AM

I would also take the EX VFT over the Pat Dually. The Pat at 70# is a bear to draw. It can be done, but I would be worried about it in cold weather when your muscle aren't working all that well.

Now, with that said, the Pat DC will be faster and pack more of a punch, but, the EX VFT is PLENTY fast for deer and has PLENTY punch!!!!!!!!!

See which one you like better and grab that puppy!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Take your pick I don't think you can lose, though what these fella's are telling you about the short valley on the dually is true .I found this out and it take's time to get used to it ,it want's to jump right out of your hand and it will if you let it .I shot the VFT last year and found it very nice to shoot the valley I noticed was much better and didn't want to jump.Which ever way you go ,you can't go wrong .
Old 01-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

I just got an '03 Patriot dually and couldn't be happier. It replaced my '02 Patriot. The bow is extremely fast and the short valley wasn't too hard for me to get used to. I'm gonna have to do quite a bit of practicing to get used to the stiff draw curve.. but I don't think it'll be too hard.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to need a new target. The 10+ yr old morrell eternity target ( the brown burlap version so you know it's old)... after about 10 shots I had a nice hole in my garage door (oops).

Quick Reply: extreme vft or pat dually?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.