Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ATA Show-Broadheads, drop-aways and gimmicks

Old 01-24-2004, 01:08 PM
CG

Default ATA Show-Broadheads, drop-aways and gimmicks

These are what I want to hear about. Any new mechs out there in particular with the Snyper style camming action or new cut on contact like the Snuffer and Montec? Any new drop-away designs out?

Also for those that attended, what was the biggest gimmick?
Old 01-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATA Show-Broadheads, drop-aways and gimmicks

The Incenerator by Archery Pro LLC.
Retail 79.95

Old 01-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Archery pro LLC Mach 3 and Mach 5
Retail mach 3, 59.95 black 69.95 camo
Mach 5, 66.00 and 76.00

Old 01-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Archery pro LLC. Newberry SB1

34 1/2" Axle to Axle

6 3/4" Brace Height

325+ I.B.O. Speed

70% let off

23" to 30" Modular Adjust

50, 60, & 70# Max.

Full 6" Sight Window

Skyline Apparition Excel Camo

Brownell D-75 Thin Strings and Harnesses

14" Carbon Tough Limbs

3.6 lbs. Total Bow Weight

Axle to Axle Lifetime Warranty

Free Hard Case Included

Old 01-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

LB1
37 1/2" Axle to Axle

8" Brace Height

301+ I.B.O. Speed

65% let off

29" to 31 1/2" Draw Adjust

50, 60, & 70# Max.

Full 6" Sight Window

Skyline Apparition

Excel Camo

Brownell Ultra Cam

click hrre for pic http://newberrybows.com/LB1.htm

All of the Newberry Line retails for 550.00
see the B1 on the web site.

Old 01-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I just got back in last night about 3:30. I have 3 brand new broadheads with me, and should be getting some more as they come into production. Nap has two new heads, both look very promising, tough, small and as always well built. Rocky mtn has one new head that looks alot like the New Nap head, and both look much like the Rocket "ultimate steel". Rocky's head has reversable blades to match the helical of your fletchings. The other Nap head rotates like the Razorback, but is a solid blade design similar to the Montecs. It's really hard to describe them without having a picture. I also have a new mechanical head that I think has some potential, especial for those who like a delayed opening style. It's called the Hypershock. At first glance it may not look like much, but it does have some nice features. I also have a Razorcap in my hands, and it looks to be a winner. G5 has an 85 grn montec coming out and hopefully I will have some of them to test. The one head that really got my attention was the new 85 grn Magnus stinger 4 blade. It's a small little cut on contact that should fly like a dart. They also have a 125 grn version of the same head comming out. American broadhead company has a new had thats differnt than any other head on the market. It's a small three blade cut on contact style. All steel and the blades are replaceable. I also have a pack of Zwickey eskimos for you traditional guys.
NAP also has a new vane out this year that really impressed me. Hopefully I will have some to try out soon. They promise better broadhead flight and arrow control, and the logic is sound.
As soon as the weather breaks I will get out and try the new heads out and get the info out.
On the tree stand front Summit also has a new "foot control" that eliminates those pain in the #@%!Q# straps. Just slip your foot in and start climing. They also have a new ladder stand that looks tough as a tank and has a really comfortable seat.
Sorry to be so long winded, but their lots to see and so little time!
Old 01-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

5shot.. is was nice meeting you and the rest of the other guys. How about some more details on that new Bowtech Pro40/BlackKnight.. or is that all hush hush? I stopped back by the booth today and noticed that the crew had shrunk quite a bit. Hope that everyone got home OK.. the snow didn't start till about 12:00.. and got quite bad pretty quickly.

And just for everyone's info.. My name is Ken.. not Kevin... and no I'm not related.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

As far as gadgets that caught my eye..

Crimson Talon had 3 new heads out... one 2 blade model and two cut on contact models.. one 2 blade.. and the other was a smaller version of the same head w/ 2 expandable blades also. They also said they've strengthened the blades on the original.

The new APA twister rest (drop away) was very cool. They also had a new version of their original that was joined at the bottom and could be loaded from the to corner... they said this would be available on the drop away soon also. Also their bowgrip that attaches to the arrow rest screw hole. When I 1st saw it on the site I was like "why everyone just holds the bow by the grip".. but after trying it out.. I really liked it. Can also use it to hook the bow to your belt loop. I think I'm gonna give both a try. www.apaarchery.com if you wanna take a look.

Nice broadhead www.razorcaps.com

Biggest gimmick the Gyrobow www.hitecarchery.com $1700