Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Buy a Mathews and GOD will bless you??????

Old 01-23-2004, 10:46 PM

Default Buy a Mathews and GOD will bless you??????

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone saw that show on The Outdoor Channel. I think it was unlimited outdoors. Well, they had one of the McPhersons on and he was talking about how he is religious. Something was said to the effect of "If you buy a bow from us, God will bless you as he has blessed us"

Normally I am not one to start a Mathews bashing thread, but come on..... if you really believe that God is going to bless you because you bought a bow from Mr. McPherson, you need to wake up and smell the roses.

I found this to actually be rude and ignorant. Now what? God won't bless you if you buy a PSE, Martin, Hoyt, BowTech, Merlin, Newberry, Reflex, Pearson, Apline, HCA, ect... but he will bless you if you buy that Mathews?

TALK ABOUT RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Buy a Mathews and GOD will bless you??????

Jason.

All us non Mathews owners are going to hell[][>:]

Well thats where they want us to go because we wont give them our hard earned money[:-][&:]
Old 01-23-2004, 11:09 PM

Buck Magnet I caught some of the show and I think Mathew took a leave to further his singing career while his brother is taking more in charge of the co. I only caught the second half of the show, it caught me by surprise though as I did'nt know Mathews is McPhearson. []
Old 01-23-2004, 11:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mathews = Matthew McPhearson

He left McPhearson to start Mathews.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't see the show but that don't surprise me one bit.

That's Mathews for you though.[X(]
Old 01-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its really a shame. Mathews makes a high quality, great shooting bow for the most part. I just have a problem with their marketing strategy lately. They have gotten obnoxious IMO. Once they started clearly bashing other companies (mainly Hoyt) in their advertisements, I wrote them off. I'm sorry, but at least Hoyt and Bowtech and others have the decency to advertise with some class.

Showing how successful your shooters are, and explaining why your products are have an advantage is one thing. But firmly placing your sights on another company and practically saying they are garbage is crazy. Especially when the products you say are garbage are kickin your butt on the tournament circuit.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:21 AM

This stuff doesn't bother me in the least. The commercials of no bow company determine what I'm going to buy. They can say what they want and trash any other bow company they want. It isn't going to affect me positively or negatively. Just like I don't accept everything they say about the bows they make, I don't care what they say about their competition. I purchase bows, based on how they meet my needs, not on how nice they are to their competitors. I haven't seen Coke executives walking hand in hand with Pepsi executives anytime lately. Who gives a hoot what they say about each other?

I have no allegiance to any bow company and never will, unless I start selling them. On the other hand, I'm not dismissing a company because they're being "meanies" in their ads. I expect every bow company to fight for their share of the market. I'm far more annoyed by the companies who never advertise, leaving you unsure if they want your money or if they're even still in business.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:45 AM

muzzyman88,
I agree with you. IMO there is a right way and a wrong way to conduct a bussiness. I prefer a company that sells their products on their own merit, not by bashing others to try to boost sales.[:@] I started out shoping for a new bow and narrowed it down to one company, Bowtech.
But, to each their own.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a LEGACY but must say if they start trying to use GOD to sell bows i will have something else in my hand before the next hunting season--it's like giving 10% of a persons income to the church--FAT CHANCE,why does the good lord need my money,he doesn't!
Old 01-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think God would be a little too busy with real problems to worry about which brand of bow someone buys.[]

Quick Reply: Buy a Mathews and GOD will bless you??????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.