Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vane Contact on MZE

Old 02-10-2002, 09:04 AM

Default Vane Contact on MZE

I've had a heck of a time getting my MZE to the point where I can actually shoot it. I've had to drill a 4th hole in the arm, grind my "Hoyt" plate and the stop plate, order a new cable slide and cut my turnbuckle sleeve down to a stub. The rest is finally level with the hand guard at rest and lifted quite high at full draw (I wasn't getting much movement either way before my alterations). My arrow is centered and level. I am even shooting perfect bullet holes during my paper tuning w/ & w/o vanes. The odd thing is my vanes are contacting the rest, which suprises me, because I wouldn't think I would be having the luck I am with the paper tuning. I've adjusted my nocking point up and down w/o any luck, and have even turned the rest down to expose less of it, however I still am making contact. I've rotated the arrow to position the cock up, down, and offset. I am wondering if my arrow spine is not the root cause. Perhaps the flex of the arrow coming off the sting is just catching the rest, but to the point where it isn't having a dire effect. I'd like to get your input, as I know quite a few of you folks use the MZE. My setup is a Hoyt Magnatech/Redline Cam, set at 68# w/ a 26" draw. My arrows are ICS 400 Camohunter's, 4" vanes (3ea), and 100 gr tip...overall length is 26.5".

Jim
Old 02-10-2002, 09:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-10-2002, 09:21 AM

Default RE: Vane Contact on MZE

Jim,

I know this sounds stupid, but did you follow the video's instructions? It sounds to me like you do not have the rod(the one you cut)between the cable slide and the swing arm with the pickup hook cut to the right length. Also, if I remember correctly on the Hoyt bows there is an adaptor that Muzzy makes for those bows to install the ZE. Give Muzzy a call and ask for assistance!!!!! I don't think you should not have to drill a another hole in the arm or do all the modifications you have done. Sorry that I can't be more specific.

Aim Hard!
Old 02-10-2002, 09:59 AM

Jim: I was going to answer you over on H.I.S., but I don't post there anymore.

If you have a MagneTec with the OD style riser, you have a real problem with the MZE. This is the one riser that we recommend not using a MZE. There is insufficient room between the riser, cables and string for the action/working mechanism of the MZE.
Old 02-10-2002, 08:03 PM

All the alterations were "a must" if you will. I contacted Mark at Muzzy and told him what I had to do to get the rest to function right. He sent me a few extra parts that were modified just as I had done to my originals. The turnbuckle sleeve had to be cut so short because of my short draw length. There is plenty of clearance between the full draw position and rest position now. Its a matter of finding out if my arrow vanes are contacting the rest before it is actually at rest position, or if it is my arrows.

Len

I answered you back over on BS. I know you told me a week ago my Magnatech would be a doozey to set up, but 1) I am hard headed, and 2) I would really like to get it to work.

Jim
Old 02-10-2002, 08:50 PM

If it were my personal bow, I'd find a way also. If there is too much modification involved, customers wouldn't be willing to pay the price.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Edited by - Len in Maryland on 02/10/2002 21:51:43