Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Mathews Ovation

Old 01-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Mathews Ovation

Well I guess we all know what mathews has to offer up for 2004. I guess to be honest I am a little disappointed. I have drawn back a new outback, and even though it is silky smooth and holds solid, I just don't think I can be comfortable shooting a bow that short. I am 6'2" and it just seems short. Great looking bow though. I was as excited as a kid a christmas waiting for a peek at the classic, and from the information I have seen on it, I just don't know. I really like the specs, but man you think they could have put the works on this bow. The only one that really catches my attention is the ovation. It sounds like a re-invented q2xl, and I love the q2xl I have now. I have an LX too, but to be honest, I think I enjoy shooting the q2xl a little more. I know that 40 inches seems long to most for hunting, but heck, the q2xl is almost that. It seems that mathews bows always run shorter than what their specs call for anyway. It should be one accurate bow and forgiving with an 8 inch brace height. It isn't a barn burner, but the q2xl wasn't a speed bow either. If anyone has any pictures of the ovation in the new realtree hd camo, or more iformation on it please post it. Would you all hunt with this bow? Good shooting to all. Bhunter32.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:47 PM

Default RE: New Mathews Ovation

Bhunter32,

I also am 6'2 and i shoot the SQ2.. Love it and wouldn't change for the world..
It's not really how short the bow is or anything it's what feels comfy for you..

I thought the same thing when i looked at the SQ2 but i have had no problemos with this bow...

It pretty much just comes down to personal preferrence...