Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spott Hog Sights??

Old 01-26-2004, 12:33 PM

Default RE: Spott Hog Sights??

PA,

The real deal does have a bubble on it, it is the site I have on my bow. I love this site to no end.

Robinhood,

The .19 pins on this site are awesome to shoot with.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:46 PM

Elk Freak-I know that I would be much happier with the smaller pins verses the coke bottles I have been using,IL-Man-- I have seen the .019 spot hogg sights in two different sporting goods stores. I would check around and if they don't have them see if they would order some in as they are a pretty hot item in these parts out west.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

I picked up my slightly used Hogg It sight on the AT classifieds for $130 shipped. So they can be had for a decent price.. seen them new for $150. Spot Hogg warranties them for life no matter if you're the 1st owner or the 10th... and no matter what you do to it.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:34 PM

I love mine built like a tank.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:37 PM

PABowhunter, it looks like the advantage would be a LIFETIME WARRANTY!! Thanx KB as I did'nt know this, makes me want to go out this minute and buy this item, but I gonna have to wait till I get the $$$.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-27-2004, 07:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Navy

How many of you have ever had a problem with any sight you owned? The sight is only as good as the archer. I have never had a problem with any sight I owned, so why do I need on that will do the same thing as a $50.00 sight or even a $30.00 sight.

It is like buying new rims for your car, they look nice but I never had problems with them to begin with.

It's not the sight, it's you.

I agree with this for the most part, and being that I only hunt, I could never understand paying so much for a sight, but, I actually did have one sight that caused me problems. I won't name the company, because I do they they make good products, but this one model sight had pins that vibrated like mad after every shot. It took me and a buddy half an afternoon to figure out where the noise was coming from. If it were not for this noise, I would likely still have it.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:25 AM

As many of you know, Dave and I do a LOT of hunting. I have used just about every sight out there and continue to use it until something goes wrong with it. I've had the Spot Hogg on my bow for about 3 years now. I've even dropped it on the sight and the only damage was that it got scratched.

I fix a lot of sights each and every year for customers. While some fixes may appear to be minor to me, they can be catastrophic to the customer. A broken pin can surely lead to a lost shot. BTW, I've fixed Dave's pins quite a few times and he doesn't have a SH.

What would you think would happen if you dropped your bow on its sight or fell and banged your sight against a tree? While you might say you wouldn't do this, 's**t happens'. Yes, it is expensive; but, it is worth every penny.

One thing I do for my customers is offer a pin selection. I change the pins to what is desired. I've had some want a .o29 pin for their first pin and then .019 for all the others. I've had some not want any red pins and therefore made them green/yellow/green/yellow/green. Any combination is possible is your PRO Shop stocks the pins and is willing to work with you.

There are a lot of good sights on the market and I sell a lot of them. But, I give Spot Hogg a lot of credit for making a sight that is like Samsonite luggage - strong enough to endure this ape.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't own a Spott Hogg, but I'm going to.

We had a few of those sights on our bows at the show, and they never vibrated loose once AFAIK. Thousands of shots. Not a problem.

We had another manufacturer who's sights are very popular, and whom I think makes a quality product. But I had to keep tightening them up. They vibrated loose quite a bit. Disappointing to say the least.[:'(]

Plus Josh and the guys from Spott Hogg were first class. I like to spend my money with folks like that.

SH sights and the APA drop-away rest really impressed me.