Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STRING LOOP

Old 02-10-2002, 08:43 AM

Default STRING LOOP

I AM NEW TO ARCHERY, I HAVE ONE QUESTION, IF I ADD A STRING LOOP SHOULD I SHORTEN MY DRAW LENGTH. I AM SHOOTING AT 29". THANKS FOR ANYONES HELP.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STRING LOOP

Try it both ways if ya can.About half the archers I know that shoot loops end up shortening their draws.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:52 AM

IF, and I say this emphatically, IF your draw length is correct, you should be changing your release length when adding a string loop and not shortening your draw length. Some of the better release manufacturers already have adjustments built into their releases. Some are coming out with releases that have a shorter head for this purpose.

Shooting a shorter draw length would be in order for those many who are already shooting too long a draw length.
Old 02-10-2002, 10:01 AM

I went to a loop two years ago. I had the same question. Luckily, I had a couple of release's handy and one happened to have a head that was shorter. The shorter one worked to perfection and I never had to adjust my draw.

It might depend on the length of the loop. I see all sorts of different length loops show up at our pro shop. Maybe Len or someone else might know the "correct" or normal length loop.
Old 02-10-2002, 10:32 AM

[quote]
I AM NEW TO ARCHERY, I HAVE ONE QUESTION, IF I ADD A STRING LOOP SHOULD I SHORTEN MY DRAW LENGTH. I AM SHOOTING AT 29". THANKS FOR ANYONES HELP.
I HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE REPLYS, I AM USING A SPLIT FIRE THREE FINGER RELEASE. THE LOOP ADDS ABOUT A INCH TO MY DRAW LENGTH. I AM SHOOTING OK. I JUST THOUGHT MAYBE THE LENGTH WAS A LITTLE LONG. I GUEST TRAIL AND ERROR IS THE WAY TO TEST THE SETUP. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INPUT